58. Major Missing

Annika fed Shivaay dinner with her own hands. And now, he was getting ready when Amu ran into the room. She immediately went to Shivaay and held his hand.

"Dadda, Khanna uncle told me that you are going. Where are you going?"

"I am going to London baby", Shivaay said not looking at her and sorting out his things. Amu looked at Annika and when she saw her mother widen her arms for her, she immediately ran into her embrace.

"Mumma, why is he going?"

"Baccha, there is some problem that has happened in his London office and he is the boss na. So, he has to go", Annika reassured her and Amu looked sadly at her father who was on his phone talking to someone.

"And when will he come back?"

"In a week, if his work gets over otherwise it may take more time as well"

"So he won't be here for Rakshabandhan?"

"I don't know, but now don't pester him okay. He is in a lot of tension"

"Toh can I do what we do when we are tensed?", Amu asked Annika and she nodded.

Amu smiled and ran out of the room excitedly. Just then, Shivaay finished his call and turned back to see only Annika there.

"Arre, Amu aayi thi na yaha. Where is she?"

"Aapke liye surprise laane"

"And here it is", Amu entered the room with her hands behind her back. Shivaay went on his knees and called her.

"Come here jaan. What are you hiding behind your back?"

Amu smiled a bit and brought forward a bowl of vanilla ice cream with some strawberry syrup and sprinkles on it.

"This is my and mumma's little secret. Whenever any of us gets tensed, we have this ice cream. Mumma kehti hai ki tension kam ho jaati hai. Here, have this", Amu said sweetly and forwarded a spoon to him.

He also smiled at his daughter and had it.

"It is sweet but it is more sweeter because you fed it"

"Tension kam hui?"

"Ha hui. In fact, saari tension bhaag gayi", Shivaay said and picked up Amu in his arms.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and Annika opened it. Khanna was there to remind Shivaay that he was getting late.

"Sir, it is getting late for the flight. We need to leave."

"Yes Khanna, coming down in a minute. Will you please take my bags and keep it in the car and my passport is kept on the table there. Take that also."

Khanna nodded his head and left taking the bag and passport.

"Amu, I need to leave. Mumma ke paas jaao"

Amu nodded in negative and kept her head on Shivaay's shoulder. Shivaay looked at Annika and he just reassured her through his eyes.

When he reached down, Omru and Rivya were waiting for him.

"Bade bhaiya, take care. And if there is any help you need here, you can call us"

"Yes Shivaay. We can manage here", Om also said.

Shivaay didn't want to argue and just nodded his head. Ari who was standing with Rudra rushed to Shivaay and held his hand.

"Bade papa, I will be there with Amu. I won't let her miss you much"