20. Bro-Sis Time

Annika smiled seeing Amu sleeping so peacefully. She went and caressed her head. Amu gave a smile in her sleep and snuggled more into Shivaay. Sensing the movements around him, Shivaay woke up. He saw Annika and straightened up. But quickly held Amu as he felt her slipping. He carefully placed her on the bed and got up. Annika bent and checked her temperature.

"Thank god, the temperature has come down. She will just feel weakness, that's all. Did she eat?"

Shivaay who was drinking water nodded his head.

"Yes, she did have soup and khichdi. Then, I also gave her medicines", he replied.

"She didn't trouble you much na? She tends to get moody and clingy when she is ill. She doesn't leave me even for a minute", Annika asked.

"No, she didn't trouble me. She didn't get too moody but also didn't let me go anywhere. She was just sleeping snuggling in my embrace. But it is okay, I understand. Kids need their parents when they fall ill. I know that feeling. It's okay. She was calm but was just feeling restless due to weakness. She is fine now. You can sleep peacefully. She will be fine by tomorrow. Don't take any tension about her", Shivaay answered. Annika sighed in relief and went in to change and when she came back, she saw him pulling the duvet on Amu. She went to Amu and caressed her head. Shivaay also straightened up and also sat on the other side of Amu. After a few moments, Annika spoke looking at him.

"Yes, thank god she is fine now. I was so scared. This is the first time when she fell ill and I wasn't there. Moreover, I saw your message quite late. I was so tensed."

"Don't need to worry. I was there and she is fine now. You sleep. I can see you had a very hard and tiring day. Looks like the work you went for did happen."

"Yes actually, some of the important arrangements are done. But a lot of work is still left. Just a few weeks are left for the wedding. I have my hands full", Annika replied to him while finally settling on the bed to sleep. As if sensing her mother's warmth, Amu snuggled more into her. Annika kissed her forehead and looked up at Shivaay smiling at her.

"I understand Annika. Sleep now. I will take your leave now. Good night." He said while pulling the duvet properly on the both of them. At this, she even smiled at him.

"Good night. You also must be tired."

"Yeah. Take care of yourself and Amu. Both need to rest", Shivaay advised.

He then switched off the lights leaving the lights beside the table on. Annika turned to the side to hide her smile at his thoughtfulness. But still, it was Shivaay. In the semi- darkness also, Shivaay saw through her smile. He just went out of the room smiling to himself.

As he was going out, he saw Om and Rudra working near the poolside. He remembered that today was their first day and he had just abandoned his day at office today. He went to the room and called up Mishra.

"Sorry to call you so late Mishra, but today, I just ran out of the office and didn't even look at my phone after I messaged you. I was with Amu the whole time. She didn't even leave me for a minute. Tell me how did Omkara and Rudra do? Did they do well? And what work did I miss?", Shivaay just started blabbering without waiting for the poor man to speak.

"Sir, calm down. It's completely okay. I understand. I hope Amaya is well now. Regarding work, you check your mail. I have sent all the presentations and work there. I went through all the meetings and the work of our new venture also didn't get hindered. And about Om sir and Rudra sir, today's day was only spent on reviewing and analyzing the past records and amounts of losses. And I attended all your meetings. Everything went well. I have assured the clients that you will personally pay attention to the projects. So they agreed."