8. Will He Help?

After Annika left, Shivaay didn't have any heart to finish the food in his plate. Of all the people at home, he hadn't wished to speak to Annika like that. Though somewhere, in the tiniest part of his heart, he knew that even she had wronged, he didn't wish to tell her that in such a manner. He took the plate kept the food back and went to the room to sleep. Again, sleep evaded him. He had thought once he comes back to Oberoi Mansion, things would change. But apparently, they didn't and moreover he had talked to Annika like that. He again closed his eyes and tried his best not to move his hands towards those sleeping pills. He was only allowed to take them in extreme cases and he had already broken that rule many times in the past many years. It wasn't good for his heart and it had also showed in his reports. But now, he couldn't be careless about his health. Amu needed him. He had to ensure that his health is taken care of. So he was trying to sleep earnestly and shut his eyes off tightly. He thought about Amu and his face immediately curved up in a smile. He didn't even realise when sleep overtook him.

The following morning, Shivaay felt some movements around him. He put out hands and searched the bed. He was sure somebody was there. He was about to open his eyes when he heard some giggling sound from under the bed. He smiled to himself and got up from the bed. He was about to go the the bathroom when he felt someone tickling him. He didn't need to turn back to see who it was. He just scooped up Amu and even before she knew it, she was in his arms. And he was tickling her.

"Bas bas, Superhero. I am really sorry. Please stop."

He stopped and sat on the bed with Amu in his arms.

"Amu, what is this?"

"Tickling"

"Yeah, I know that but do you do like this everyday?"

"Yes, she does. Hain na, Shaitaan?", said Annika while entering the room.

Seeing her mother, she hid herself in Shivaay's embrace and both Shivika smiled looking at each other.

" Amu, come on now. You have school and you need to have to get ready and have breakfast. Leave him now."

"Yes, Amu. Go, Mumma is correct. You must not get late for school. Go, I will freshen up and come down soon. We will have breakfast together."

She nodded at him and quickly ran off to her room. Annika was about to follow Amu when she heard Shivaay's voice.

"I shouldn't have spoken to you that way yesterday night. Don't take it the wrong way. I hope we are okay?"

She turned to look at him and saw him just focusing on her.

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong. I mean, I know that I was wrong and whatever you said was completely correct. I had expected you to yell at me and I was prepared for that but that strict tone was completely unexpected so I just zoned out. I am sorry. Sorry for hiding about you from Amu."

He didn't react at her statement but instead asked her, "Annika, why didn't you tell her about me? Not even my name, not even my identity, why?"

Annika sighed. His face had a disappointed look. His eyes were seeking answers. She went ahead and sat down besides him. He shifted a bit and created some more distance between them. Heart in heart, she hated it. She had craved for his proximity, his comforting touch all these years but had controlled herself somehow. But now that he was in front of her and they weren't fighting she wanted him to hug her and tell her that everything would be fine and assure her that he wouldn't go leaving her and Amu. Of all that she said that day, saying that particular thing was the most regretful for her. All these years, she just felt hurt but now she regrets it more than ever. In all these thoughts, she forgot to answer his question.