25.The London Connection

Hearing the loud voice, Shivaay and Annika both turned back to see who it was. But before Shivaay could even comprehend, two people came and hugged him too tightly. The other people of the house also gathered hearing the loud voices.

"Kabir, Randhir, you both here! What a pleasant surprise! ", Shivaay exclaimed to the two brothers breaking the hug.

Kabir and his brother Randhir smiled at him and Randhir again hugged him.

" Getting so emotional ha", Shivaay said while looking at Kabir and stroking Randhir's head.

"We are also there", said a voice from behind Kabir.

Shivaay broke the hug and went to Viren Sangha and Radha Sangha, Kabir and Randhir's parents. He bent down and touched their feet. Viren took him into a giant hug.

" Shivaay, my son, we missed you a lot", said Viren while kissing Shivaay's forehead.

"I missed you a lot too, Viren Uncle", Shivaay replied.

" And me?", Radha asked while pulling Shivaay towards her.

"Of course" And he was pulled in another hug by her.

"Shivaay, you don't know how happy I am to see you after such a long time. Tere bina akela sa lagta hai bacche"

And Radha broke the hug, kissed his forehead and his cheeks and then started scrutinizing him from head to toe.

"Kitna patla ho gaya hai. Don't you eat properly? How dry your hair have become. And.... "

"Radha ma, shaant", Shivaay cut Radha short and held her hands between his palms and kissed them. Seeing the love Shivaay showered on Radha, a lone tear escaped Pinky's eye. She wiped it before anyone could see. Her own son regarded someone else as his mother. As a mother, that would be the worst nightmare ever. She unconsciously shifted closer to Shakti and saw that even he was wiping his eyes.

"We lost a lot Shaktiji", Pinky whispered to Shakti.

He looked at his wife who was looking at him sadly.

"He may have wronged seven years ago, but we didn't do the right thing either. We could have entirely supported Annika but we also shouldn't have let the others question our son. Annika is very important to us and she deserves it but what we did with Shivaay, he didn't deserve that", Shakti replied to Pinky while holding her hand.

"And honestly, I don't know if anyone else can see but I can. Annika also feels somewhere that whatever happened that day shouldn't have panned out that way. If only things could have happened a little differently. We all agree that Annika was hurt and we also agree that Shivaay hurt her something doesn't feel right. We didn't listen to Shivaay and now he has gone so far away from us that he won't come back to us", Pinky whispered dejectedly.

"Yes, Pinky, I just feel happy that Shivaay doesn't hate Annika and now Annika also doesn't. And they are willing to be the parents Amu deserves, ignoring the problems between them. Shivaay's efforts have the saath of Annika's efforts as well. I just hope things go well for the two of them. Annika and Shivaay have both suffered and they should now get happiness and their happiness is Amu. We should try to be with both our children Pinky."

"Yes, but will Shivaay forgive us someday?", Pinky finally looked at Shakti.

" I don't know, I want him to, but all the anger and hatred we have nurtured towards him serves as a roadblock between us and him", Shakti answered slowly and truthfully.