4.Auction

"What do you mean by that Bade Papa? The auction is happening? ", asked Annika disbelievingly.

" Yes Annika, in two days. The government is insisting it to happen soon. We don't have much time. I don't know what are we going to do Omru? ", Tej said exasperatedly.

Om suggested, " I think we should go home and decide. Gauri had called some time back and told that Arjun had come and is asking for us and Amu also is getting impatient. So, I think we should go home. We also need to inform our family. Come on let's go. "

He looked at Annika and Rudra and they also nodded at him. They helped Tej get up and take him to the car.
Once they reached home, Amu and Arjun rushed to hug Tej. Tej gave forced smile to them, kissed both of them and picked up Arjun in his arms.

"Ari, how are you? Did you enjoy at your Nani's place? Did you miss us?"

" Yes Dadu, I did. But now I promise that I will never leave this house and go."

Tej's face fell and that did not go unnoticed by Annika or Omru. Om stepped in when he realized that Tej would break down any moment. He took Ari from Tej and held him in his arms.

"Ari, we all missed you. Now you do one thing okay. Take Amu with you to our room and don't come out till we call you. Go okay. We will call you soon."

Ari nodded his head and got down from Om's hands. He took Amu and ran off to the room. When they were out of earshot, everyone noticed the tensed faces of the people who had just entered. Janvi came forward and asked them," Tej, what is the matter? Why are all of you looking like this?"

Tej sighed and crashed onto the sofa. Seeing that he won't be able to answer, Rudra took it upon himself to reveal the sad news.

" Since we couldn't pay the debt to the government, they are seizing our house and on the top of it are auctioning it. "

"What! ", Dadi exclaimed and sat down on the couch. Gauri, Bhavya and Annika rushed to her side. " Is it true Tej?, Janvi questioned.

"Yes Janvi, we can't do anything now. We are utterly helpless. Plus this is a government matter."

"So does that mean that we won't have a roof over our head? How are we going to face the children? ", Pinky interjected and Shakti also agreed.

"Maybe, Pinky maa. Even I don't know what to do."

"Isn't there anything you can do Annika? "

"Unfortunately not Badi maa. Even if I put in my whole money, it would be difficult. And also, I wouldn't be able to sustain the company."

"I think that what Bhabhi is saying is right. At this point, we need a stable source of income and we can't afford to put that on stake.",Bhavya chipped in

"No, Bhavya is right. Annika, we are really sorry. We have to put and Amu through this. Please forgive us", Shakti said while folding his hands.

Annika immediately held his hands and nodded her head. "No Papa, don't do this ever again. I can't bear this. Am I not your daughter? I am, right. So then, don't ever ask for forgiveness. We are a family, we are together. We will go through this problem together like a family. Yeah? "

"Yes Didi is saying correct. But still the question remains how will we solve this. Our hands are pretty much tied. "

"I am sure that my god over there will show us a way out. He won't let us drown. If not for us, then for Amu and Ari's sake, he will send someone to save us. I have full faith in him.", Dadi spoke as she stood up and went towards the mandir.