17. Takeover

Om and Rudra stood with their mouth open at his statement. This was a very huge decision. Shivaay was aware of the impact and hence did not prod further. He just went to Gauri and Bhavya and asked them to take Om and Rudra to their rooms. He would talk to them and Tej later in the morning. He needed to explain everything to them properly. Gauri and Bhavya nodded and took the brothers away. Annika was still rooted to her spot and didn't realize when Shivaay came to her.

"Annika", he called out to her.

She heard him and was a bit surprised to see him so casual about the decision.

" Where were you lost?", she heard him ask.

"No where. I was just absorbing your decision", she told as a matter-of-fact.

He also sighed before answering her.

" Yeah, it is indeed a big decision. But I will deal with it tomorrow. Tell me, did you have dinner?"

"Yes, I was just giving these guys company while they waited for you"

"Ohh, Amu was waiting for me na? Did she sleep?" He asked her while going to the kitchen to take the food.

"Yes, she was awake for a long time. So I finally had to blackmail her into sleeping. She slept an hour ago", she answered following him to the dining table where he was already sitting having his dinner.

" You should also sleep. It's midnight"

"Yeah"

"Are you going to sleep here, on the dining chair?", he asked her as she sat on the chair opposite him.

" Huh", she realized her position. "No, I will go. Good night"

"Good night", he wished her too.

As she turned back to go, Shivaay's words from his first night here came back to her when he had said, he felt nice that someone was there for him to wait for dinner and not leave him alone while eating. And now, she couldn't leave him alone. She quickly went back and sat beside him. He was surprised to see her.

"Hey, did you forget something?", he asked her.

"No, do you mind if I sit here with you?"

"No, you can sit anywhere you want. But, just out of curiosity, you were sleepy, then why did you suddenly come back? Are you hungry? ,  Shivaay asked her.

"No. How many questions you ask while eating. Don't you get tired?"

"Annika, chill. What you did was very weird so just asked. Sit wherever you want and do whatever you want to. I don't mind" And he continued eating. But from the corner of his eyes, he was observing her antics. She was managing her dupatta and sat on the chair with folded legs. She then looked at him excitedly.

"Good that you don't mind. I want to talk to you"

"Annika, please, I don't want to talk about Oberoi Industries"

"Offo", she hit her head with her hand and continued, "When did I say I want to talk about Oberoi Industries. I just wanted to talk in general"

"Ohhok. But why so suddenly today?", he asked her, raising his one eyebrow.

"Woh, actually that day you had told me that you don't like to eat alone, so as a good friend I thought I should help you"

Shivaay just muttered 'Okay' and went back to eating.

"What? You aren't speaking. You specially waited to talk and now you are silent", he asked her when he saw her silent.