12. Guidance

It was almost 1:15 and Shivaay was still tossing and turning in his bed. Even after the happy moments he spent with Amu and Annika some hours ago couldn't get sleep to meet him. Finally, coming to the conclusion that he wasn't getting rest this night, he got up and made his way towards the poolside. The poolside, over the years had always given him the calmness that he was so badly searching for in his hectic life. It was the only place that had seen all his tears, frustration and problems. It had been a place of outlet of feelings for Shivaay. And now that he was sitting here dipping his legs in the water, he again felt the same calmness envelope him. He looked over in the room to see Amu and Annika in deep sleep with Amu snuggling into Annika's embrace. That scene brought a smile on his face but couldn't calm the hurricane going inside him. He was suddenly startled by a voice. At this time, who is here? He turned around to see Bhavya standing there with a quizzical expression on her face. She came to him and sat beside him dipping her legs in the pool.

"Bhaiya, what are you doing at so late at night? Everything okay?"

"Yes Bhavya, actually couldn't sleep so came here. Actually, before also when sleep used to be miles away from me or I was too messed up, I used to come here. It kinds of soothes me. But what about you. How come you are roaming around the house so late in the night?", He attempted to joke with her.
She smiled a bit and pointed to the jug kept behind on the table.

" I had come to fill the water jug. I got thirsty and the jug was empty. I had asked Rudy to fill it before sleeping but as usual he forgot. As I was going back I saw you sitting here, so thought of stopping by. We haven't even got time to talk given all the things that happened. By the way, when did you and Bhabhi come back? Amu was waiting for the both of you to come back", Bhavya asked.

"Yes Bhavya, we know. When we came back, she ran to us and we had dinner together. I must say Amu is truly a God's child. She is so sweet, caring and also hasn't lost out on her childhood. That is what I feel the most grateful about"

"Bhaiya, when she was born, she gave us all a sense of stability and responsibility. She is the light of all our worlds."

"Of course Bhavya, she is also my main reason of existence now. All these years, I lived so that once I could meet Annika and explain her why everything happened. But now with Amu, me and Annika just feel so complete. It makes my heart full. At such times, the truth seems completely inconsequential"

At the last statement Bhavya turned a bit serious and Shivaay noticed it. He asked her about it.

"What happened Bhavya? Why did your face change expressions?"

Bhavya straightened up a bit and cleared her throat.

"If you don't mind, can I ask you something?"

"Bhavya, you don't need to be so formal. You are my sister. Ask away"

"Bhaiya, the truth can never be inconsequential. For some time, you can very well keep it under the rugs but it is bound to come out someday. And even now, you and Bhabhi have an underlying tension between you. Bhabhi still hasn't forgotten that day and I don't think you have too. Pretending in front of Amu cannot go on forever. Plus, the relationship between you and the other family members is also not how it was earlier. So how do you intend to change or tackle the situation?"

Shivaay also became a bit serious and turned to Bhavya. Her face also radiated the same seriousness. His thoughts raced back to the previous day. The situation that happened in Sumer's office and the coffee date couldn't be ignored. He decided to talk to Bhavya about it and ask for her guidance. He then narrated all the happenings of the day till the time his and Annika's conversation. Bhavya patiently heard him and looked at him blankly. She saw that he was confused and he was expecting some help from her.