55. Untoward

"Shivaay, come on, I am ready to go. Chaliye", Annika said while setting her bag and hence did not look at Shivaay. When she didn't get any response, she looked up and saw Shivaay and Dadi together. Neither of them had moved even after listening to her. So, she quietly went and tapped on Shivaay's shoulders and
that broke their reverie. Shivaay stood up followed by Dadi. Dadi looked at Annika and smiled. She came to Annika and gently caressed her face. 

"You are really glowing today Annika", she softly said.

Annika also smiled and replied, "The reason is this Dadi", she said showing her hand that had the ring and she also took out her mangalsutra in front to show Dadi. "Since we both have decided to move forward Dadi, I asked Shivaay to give these back to me. I am feeling really happy. Acha hua aap mil gaye mujhe."

Dadi looked at Shivaay and gave him a proud smile. He reciprocated it. She then again turned back to Annika and held her hand.

"Annika, take the god's blessing. By his grace, you both are finally together" Annika nodded and bent her head to take the blessings. When she straightened up, she saw Dadi with the aarti ki thali and some prasad. Annika took blessings from there as well and talked to Dadi, "Yes Dadi, I feel complete today. Aap dekhna ab sabke life mein dher saari khushiyan aayengi"

"I hope so puttar. May you and your small family remain always together and happy",Dadi blessed her. Annika looked at Shivaay and gestured him to come and take Dadi's blessings. Shivaay nodded and came beside her. They both bent down and took Dadi's blessings. She blessed them and Annika took her in a side hug and said, "I don't like this Dadi. You look nice when you are smiling. Now give me a good smile"

Dadi patted her cheeks and smiled at her. Annika also patted her cheeks and hugged her. Then she broke the hug and said, "Acha Dadi, hum chalte hai. We are getting late"

"Annika, Shivaay ruko. Take this prasad and go", Dadi said and gave them the prasad. They hurriedly had it and ran out of the house. Shivaay sat in the car, followed by Annika. He started the car and after a few minutes, Annika picked up his wallet that was lying in the compartment. 

"Anni, what are you doing?", Shivaay asked.

"Wait a minute", Annika said and in few seconds held the wallet open in front of him. And his face instantly curled up in a smile. Annika had put a photo of hers with Amu in his wallet.

"Why this suddenly?"

"Arre, didn't you like it? And ye sirf aapke wallet mein nahi hai. Look at this", Annika said and kept his wallet down. She retrieved her small purse and opened it in front of him. He looked and saw his photo with Amu.

"This is really lovely Annika. It is a small gesture but matters so much", Shivaay said and smiled at her.

"I am glad you liked the surprise. Waise, there is a bigger surprise waiting for you in your office", Annika said proudly.

"Yehi na, ki you have kept a bigger photo frame of me, you and Amu on my table", Shivaay said and laughed seeing Annika pouting at the sudden revelation of her surprise.

"Aapko kaise pata? Are you spying on me?"

"No Annika. It is called common sense. Just now, you showed me the photos, then you said that the surprise is in my cabin. There is little scope for someone to give me a surprise in my cabin, so I guessed. Now, don't sulk like this. It is not your fault that you have such an exceptionally intelligent husband"

"Shut up! And now, stop the car", Annika ordered

"Itni si baat ke liye why are you asking me to stop the car?"