29. Relationship Turbulence

Shivaay had slept yesterday after a really long time. All the incidents from the day had been going on in his head. Moreover, scenes of Amu's scared face were continuously coming in front of his eyes. Finally, he had to take a sleep in pill to sleep. He absolutely hated that, especially after what had happened but he had no other option. He had to sleep in order to stop his throbbing headache. So, he woke up quite late in the morning. But when he did, he couldn't get up from his position. It was as if someone was holding him so tight that he couldn't move. He looked down and saw Amu sleeping on his chest and holding his kurta in her fist too tightly. He slowly tried to get up but in his haste woke Amu up.

"So sorry Princess, I didn't mean to wake you up", he said and made her sit beside her. But she got on her knees and sat on his laps. Her hands entwining with his neck.

"No problem Superhero. I woke up early today and wanted to sleep near you, especially after what happened yesterday"

"Hey, I had told you yesterday as well right? I am completely fine. And now I promise you that I will never forget my medicines. But you also need to promise me something", Shivaay said and Amu looked at him with confusion.

" What?"

"Promise me that you won't get scared and be the Khidkitod Amu that you are. Okay?"

Amu smiled and nodded her head in affirmative.

"No no, not just nodding. I want a pinky promise", Shivaay smiled and forwarded his pinky finger to her. Amu flashed her genuine smile and entwined her finger with his.

"Pinky promise"

"And also Amu. Do not tell about everything that happened yesterday to anyone else. Otherwise everyone will get scared na"

Actually, Shivaay didn't want everyone to know especially Annika. But he couldn't let Amu know that. But at his last statement Amu bent her head down.

"Kya hua Amu?"

"Woh actually, today morning Mumma woke up early and so did I. When she asked me why I was sad, I told her everything. Even she was really scared, and that is why she only sent me here. And she went to make something for you"

"Ohhh. No problem. I will take care of it. Now you go and get ready for the day. You have school na?"

"No Superhero, today is a holiday. We have school tomorrow. And I need to go tomorrow because they have an important news to share with us."

"Exactly, but today you need to get out of this bed and get ready before breakfast. So now, go and have a bath fast", Annika said to Amu as she entered the room with a glass of lemonade.

Amu ran off from the room seeing Annika's stern gaze and Annika came and sat opposite to Shivaay on the bed. She offered him the lemonade, though very hesitantly.

"Have this. It would make you feel better."

"I don't need anything to feel better. It will only lead to more pretense and I can't do that. So, it is only better that I get ready and leave for office. I have a lot of work", Shivaay replied, his voice very firm.

"Please have it. It is about your health. And please just listen to me, just once" Annika pleaded.

"I have to go to work", Shivaay said and got up from the bed.

" I was pretty worried about your health when Amu told me about your condition yesterday night. Your heart condition getting this bad isn't good news. So please have this"