36. Something Special

Shivaay and Annika had crashed onto their beds once they reached the room. And as a result, woke up late. When Shivaay opened his eyes, he saw Annika on the edge of the bed. One more turn and she would be on the ground. So, as soon as he saw her slightly turning, he loudly shouted.

"Annika!"

"Chor chor, kaha hai chor?", She quickly got up and shouted wielding her arms around.

Her voice was so loud that Shivaay had to keep his hands on his ears to prevent himself from going deaf.

"Is it a written rule somewhere that when you don't wake up voluntarily, you have shout your lungs out?", Shivaay asked once she calmed a bit down. That is when she noticed her husband sitting on the couch in front of her and dramatically checking his hearing.

"It is written in the same book that teaches you to wake someone who is in deep sleep by shouting their names", Annika retorted, her voice dipping with sarcasm.

"I just don't understand how can people be so ungrateful that, instead of thanking the person who prevented her from falling down, they shout on them", Shivaay got up and said while folding the duvet.

" Falling down? Kaun gir raha tha? Bed se koi girta hai kya bhala? Baat karte hai", Annika blabbered.

"The great Annika Vardhan Trivedi, aap apne aas paas dekhiye. If I wouldn't have shouted your name, right now, you would have been at the bottom of the bed nursing your injured head."

Annika looked and noticed that she was actually on the far end of the bed and could have fallen right down. She looked at Shivaay sheepishly who was now rummaging his bag for something and hence a lot of things had also fallen down.

"Sorry for shouting like this. Itni zor se chor chor nahi chillana chahiye tha. I am really sorry"

Shivaay turned back to see her cutely pouting and holding her ears. Shivaay internally smiled at her cuteness

"Its okay", he said and again went back to his bag.

Annika got up from the bed and went beside him. 

"Kuch dhoond rahe hai?"

"My trimmer", he answered without looking at her. 

She nodded her head and looked down to see his trimmer beneath the table. She bent down and held it out to him. He sighed in relief and took it from her. He was going in the bathroom when he heard her voice from behind.

"Suniye...."

"I am not shaving it off. Shaadi mein aaya hu. Need to look presentable. Kal se trim nahi ki hai. So just trimming it. Koi aur drama mat start kar dena", Shivaay replied without even looking back and entered the washroom without even looking at her.

Annika chuckled at him when he did that.

"Itne saal beet gaye, mujhe ignore bhi kar rahe hai and tadi jo kut-kut ke andar bhari hai woh bhi dikhayenge but fir bhi abhi tak yeh samjh jaate hai ki kya kehna chahti hu. Toh ab apni gaint size ego chodkar, why doesn't he forgive me and start talking normally? I know you are more hurt and disappointed than angry. But I am happy that you have started responding to my efforts. I intend to keep up my promise. Bas kuch aur din, Patidev", Annika said to herself and was interrupted when she heard Shivaay calling out to her.

"Annika, I forgot my second towel outside. Give it to me. I need it to wipe my hair", she heard him call her out.

Annika looked at his bag to see the towel lying beside it. An idea struck her. Why not start the morning with a little bit of fun. She took the towel but also took something else as well with it. She knocked and he put his hand out to grab the towel but she forwarded something else. He took his hand in and she counted till three until she heard his exasperated voice.