33.Disguised Boon

Shivaay reached his room and explored it a bit. It was really big and sophisticated, just how he liked it. He settled himself on the couch and tiredly closed his eyes due to exhaustion. But he did get up after some time. He went into the washroom to wash his face and when he came out, he heard a knock on the door. He opened it to see Annika standing there with her luggage and looking very tired. He looked at her and raised his eyebrow in question. She wiped the sweat of her brow before answering.

"Actually, the room that I was supposed to live in, suddenly had a short circuit due to the geyser. So there was a small fire in the bathroom. But don't worry, I wasn't there. I was outside only. But now the issue is that I can't live in that room and since the whole resort is booked for the wedding, there isn't any other room available. If you don't have any issues, can I stay here with you? I thought of staying in  Om or Rudy's room but when they come tomorrow, they will also need their privacy. Even they haven't gone out somewhere they can spend time as a couple mainly due to Ari and Bhavya's job. So, I had no other option buy ask you. I won't disturb you, I promise", Annika requested.

Shivaay firstly checked her from head to toe to see if she didn't have any injury due to the incident and when he was sure of that he nodded his head and let her in.

"Thank you very much. Where should I keep my bag?", she asked.

He pointed to the space beside his bag. She kept her bag there but before that, took out some clothes to change. When she disappeared in the washroom, she hung her clothes on the stand and began dancing jubilantly.

"Waah waah kya baat hai bhajwanji. I was just thinking ki aage kya karu aur aapne toh khud ki raasta dikha diya. You showed me the way to Shivaay's room. Now I would be able to spend more time with him and implement more ways to earn his forgiveness. How come I never thought of this idea. I just hope unhe kuch problem na ho."  Annika like this kept blabbering to herself not realizing how much time has passed. After a good 10 minute jubilation, she started freshening up when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. It was Shivaay. He didn't say anything but it was a concern knock, Annika knew. He must have been worried seeing that Annika hadn't yet come out. So, he just knocked and she replied that she was coming soon. He then left. She smirked when he felt his footsteps fade away. She had considered not answering but then he would have gotten more worried and maybe even have broken the door. So she answered. 

When she came out, she saw Shivaay standing in the balcony looking at the scenery. She went and stood beside him. He felt her presence and moved away from her. He didn't look at her and continued looking at the surroundings.

"Sorry, took so much time. Actually, I was really tired from the journey and the hot shower really helped." At this, Shivaay just nodded his head, still looking ahead. 

"Ohh! I forgot only. Wait, I will just come", Shivaay turned his head sideways to see her dart towards the couch and bring something behind her back. She came and stood in front of him. She forwarded his coat to him with a smile. He took it back when she spoke.

"Thank you for giving me your coat. It did help me. And I am really sorry for coming over to your room. I know what you must be thinking. But, I haven't done this purposely. It was truly an accident. I had purposely booked different rooms but whatever happened was really unfortunate."

"Hmmm", was all that he replied and turned away to go.

"Listen, maybe we can try adjusting...", she said hesitantly and he stopped in his tracks. He didn't look at her but she was sure he was hearing her.

"Are you really going to not speak to me at all? Are hmm and nodding your head only responses to my talks? Please talk to me. Please", Annika pleaded to him and this time he turned back to see her. His eyes depicted a certain sadness in them. He came a little forward and stood beside her.