57. Business Crisis

When Shivaay woke up the next morning, he found himself in the same place where he had gone to sleep. He saw Annika holding his hand and the other one was on his forehead. She was also asleep. Shivaay got up from her lap slowly so as not to disturb Annika's sleep. But it was Annika, she woke up at his slight movement.

"Arre, aap uth gaye?", Annika said rubbing her eyes.

"Yes, but you still looking sleepy. You go and sleep and mind you, you aren't going to office today. You are to rest at home. And I will leave Amu and Ari to school", Shivaay said and got up from her lap.

"But Shivaay, I have an important work in office today", Annika argued.

"No Annika. Your health is more important. And kaam toh you can do by staying home as well. Please for me, listen", Shivaay emotionally blackmailed her and she had to agree.

"Fine but only because you have blackmailed me. Har baar this won't work. But you go and come back only after your work is done. And don't take any tension about me. I promise that I will not work extra and also rest, okay?"

"That's like my good girl. Now come on, let's get you to your room", Shivaay said patting her head.

"Get me? What do you mean?", Annika asked puzzled.

"I mean this", Shivaay said and in an instant picked up Annika in his arms. Annika squealed and immediately wound her arms around his neck.

"Shivaay, aap bhi na. Someone will watch us"

"Annika, this dialogue has gotten old. And I am again saying, who ever wants to see can see. You are my wife and I have full rights to pick you up like this. And mein kaunsa tumhe Mumbai Darshan karwa raha hu. I am just taking you to our room which is opposite to the pool. And see, in between your talks, we have already reached"

Annika looked around and saw that they had already reached their room. He slowly kept her down, pulled the duvet over her and said, "Now go to sleep and have your breakfast once you wake up. You have to eat whatever I will tell the servants. Understood?"

Annika nodded her head in negative while Shivaay glared at her but then she nodded in affirmative.

"I wanted to say ki Amu ko uthana hai, I have to get her ready, check her bag and then give her breakfast"

"Jaan, calm down. I am there na. Mein yeh sab usse karwa dunga. You sleep properly. I will take care", Shivaay reassusred her and patted her head till she fell asleep. She slept within seconds. Frown lines were present on her forehead. Shivaay bent and kissed her forehead and those lines disappeared in an instant. Shivaay smiled and went over to Amu's side to wake her up. He gently shook her and she mumbled sleepily, "Five more minutes mumma"

"Amu, you will get late for school, jaldi utho"

Hearing Shivaay's voice, Amu opened her eyes and looked sideways to see Annika asleep.

"Mumma is still not well?", Amu asked Shivaay concerned.

"No, she is fine. She just needs a little rest. So we won't disturb her. Come, I will help you complete your chores. Let's start with brushing first", Shivaay said and picked up Amu in his arms.

And after 20 minutes both father and daughter were on the dining table having breakfast.

"Dadda, I don't like upma", Amu complained to her father.

"It is healthy for you Jaan"

"No, I don't like it"

"Acha listen, I will feed you. Come here and then later, I will make hot chocolate for you, okay?", Shivaay made her understand and she nodded excitedly.