2. Showdown

"Leave the house. What are you saying Dadi? I agree I wronged but please listen to me. Annika.., " Shivaay again looked at her and pleaded through his eyes but he felt as if his gaze went right through her eyes.

"Fine, I will do whatever you want but first I need to speak to Annika alone. Please. Annika, please. ", said Shivaay while trying to hold back his tears. He finally reached her and held her hand. Om and Rudra were ready to interrupt but Annika looked at them and assured them through their eyes that she would handle it.

For Shivaay, this was his only chance. His chance to make things right. He was thinking that if he manages to convey the truth to Annika, then the whole family will come to know of it too. He held her hand tightly and took her to their room. She followed him quietly. Once they reached the room, he turned to look at her and he couldn't deny that the empty look on her face was killing him. It was weakening him and he hated that. He was so lost in her eyes that he didn't hear what she said. Only when she attempted to wriggle out of his hold, did he become aware.

"Leave my hand. I don't like it.", Annika said blatantly.

" I am not going to leave your hand ever Annika. Please at least you understand what I mean to say. You have always understood my silence. Why not now when I am screaming in front of you? "

She finally jerked her hand out of his and sat on the couch. She sighed and then replied in a few moments, "Understand, just understand. Isn't this what I have been doing forever. Understand you when you put your family before me, understand when you take decisions without me and understand when you go on to fight battles without me, isn't it Mr. Oberoi? "

Her addressal pricked him. But he bent down to her and took her hands in his but she was immediate in jerking them away. He felt bad but didn't let it show on his face.

"It's not that Annika. I was in a huge mess.... "

"Yeah, a mess that we both could have solved only if you trusted me. "

"I trust you Annika. I always have. But sometimes the situation isn't in our favor and sometimes I get scared. "

"You get scared and I am tired now. I don't want to remain just a random person for you who stays behind you in every problem. You marry me forcefully, insult me, doubt my character and refuse to accept me as your wife. Then you do and again look out my name and bloodline. Then you throw me out of your life and bring Ragini. And then you crossed all limits. On your wedding day, you disappear and bring in another woman, that Tanya. And now this Pooja. I saw you marrying her in front of my eyes, Mr. Oberoi. Tell me do you even have the count of these women? And then you expect me to understand. Just great! "

With every sentence, the pitch of Annika's voice was increasing. She angrily got up from the couch and stood up. He followed her and said, "It's not like that Annika.. "

"Then how is it? What is it? Tell me do you deny all that I have said? Do you? ", she roared.

" No Annika. But everytime I didn't have a choice. I had to do it. "

"You had to do it. Do it because you need to protect your family. You are the great protector right? "

"Annika, please listen to me calmly"

"I have lost all calm Mr. Oberoi. I am exhausted of standing behind you. I, as your wife wanted to stand beside you, fighting with you. Everytime you have wronged, I have always forgiven you. Not this time, definitely not."

"Annika, I take all your points and am ready to bear all your punishments but please whatever happened at the fashion show was just one aspect that you saw. There is more to it. What you saw was just a half truth. Listen to the full truth. "