52. You Are My Home

At the end of the flashback both Shivaay and Annika were looking at Amu dumbstruck. So much transpired behind their backs and they didn't even know. Annika immediately held both her ears and apologized to Amu.

"I am so sorry Amu for not telling you about him. In fact I should apologize to the both of you"

Amu immediately pulled her hands down and held them in hers. "No mumma, forget everything that happened in the past. What is important is that we are together now"

"Waah, itni maturity", Shivaay joked and took Amu in a back hug and then looked at Annika, "Waise whatever she was saying is right Anni, it is useless to be stuck in the past. And of course we didn't want Amu to know like this, but maybe destiny wanted it and see what a lovely surprise we got. Abhi sab theek hai na. We are back together, Amu is with us and more importantly we all are happy", Shivaay made Annika understand and she also gave them a smile.

On the other side, all the other family members were sitting in the living room after dinner when Pinky suddenly asked.

"In all this confusion and happiness, we all forgot the most important question. Amu ko yeh sab pata kaise chala?"

"Exactly Pinky. Hum yeh toh puchna hi bhul gaye", Janvi said.

"Oho, why are all of you getting so tensed, once Amu comes back, we can ask her", Dadi said.

"That won't be needed Dadi. I will tell you", Gauri interjected.

Everyone looked at her shockingly and she just smiled.

"How is it possible Gauri Bhabhi? Aapko kaise pata ki Amu ko sach kaise pata chala", Rudra asked her.

"Woh baat aisi hai ki.... ", Gauri started and eventually told everyone the whole story. And by the end, Pinky was emotional, Janvi and Tej had a small smile on their faces while others looked content.

"Gauri, so that means this whole planning for surprising Shivaay was decided so early and you didn't even tell me", Om cutely complained while Gauri lightly punched his arm.

"Surprise ka matlab shayad jaante nahi hai aap. And Amu had strictly asked me to not tell anyone. So I didn't and you also felt so happy when Amu called Bhaiya her father, hain na?"

"Well, that is true", Om said and smiled at her.

"Exactly and waise bhi Gauri Bhabhi, I think even Shivaay bhaiya and Bhabhi were planning on telling Amu this but the way things panned out also weren't bad", Rudra said.

"Yes, finally Shivaay, Annika and Amu will get the happiness and joy they deserve. Their little family is complete and there is nothing more that we want for them. Annika has also suffered enough and everyone needs a break",Pinky said.

"Now, we all should take some rest. Today has been a very eventful day", Janvi said and got up followed by Tej and Dadi. Soon everyone left for their rooms.

At Marine Drive, Annika asked Amu, "But I still didn't understand one thing Amu, how did you get to change your speech topic to father from family?"

"Ohh, that was very easy mumma. I took Gauri maasi to school with a letter and the teacher agreed to change"

"Waah, but I have another question?", Shivaay intervened.

"Itni lambi and emotional poem likhi kisne and how did you learn this?"

"Woh papa, likhi toh meine hi hai and learn karne mein Gauri maasi helped. You liked it?"