41.Bond of Lifetime

Shivaay turned back to look back at her with a heavy heart.

"I regret not being able to gain your trust the way you did with me. You gained my trust so early but even after being together for so long, after going through so much, I failed in making you believe that you can trust me and that isn't your fault. I do not blame you at all. I kept choosing the family over you and then again hurting you with my behavior. So, I couldn't expect you to trust me at all. I also can't put the blame on the situations. But, I was scared that if I chose you, you would again be in danger"

Annika interrupted him, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that if I would have chosen you when Mrs.Kapoor was blackmailing me with Om's truth when I forced you to sign the papers but indirectly also asked you to stay, I didn't know what would happen. But the next thing I knew, you were in the fridge, slowly freezing to death. Then, when you got blackmailed by mom, I was at my weakest. I was trying hard to change and your behavior hit hard. And I behaved in the way I shouldn't have. Those three months were one of the hardest phases of my life. Then in the matter of Aryan, if I would have chosen you, then I don't know what Veer would have done to you. And the one time I chose you over the family, Bua played a cross game and you left. I fake married that Pooja to save your father's name from all the mess. But I didn't know that Bua would show you the wedding and you go away leaving me alone. Mom suffered an accident and I couldn't find you. I came to know about you after 5 days. I wanted you to be safe. And then on the fashion show day....."

But he couldn't continue as he saw Annika slump down on the ground with tears rolling down her eyes. He immediately was by her side. She looked at him and wiped her eyes. She got up and looked straight into his blue orbs. And then she started speaking in a very firm voice, as if she was very sure of what she was saying.

"I am sorry. I am really sorry. What happened seven years ago wasn't your fault alone. It was mine as well. You had told me to wait, to trust you, to not believe anyone and anything till you didn't tell me yourself. I am really sorry. These seven years, as much as I missed you, in some corner of my heart, I always held you responsible for all that transpired. But I am as much at fault. I am wrong for hiding about Amu from you and not telling Amu about you. I always kept refraining my emotions. Whenever you used to be mentioned, I used to escape and that is exactly what I did when you came back also. And also regarding the trust, you are really wrong. I trusted you with my life and that is why I was broken when you pulled that stunt at the fashion show. No no, let me continue", she showed her hand to Shivaay when he tried to interrupt her. "But all that doesn't matter now. It really doesn't matter now"

"Of course it does Annika. It does", this time Shivaay was successful in interrupting her. He was really irritated now and borderline angry as well. "Do you think I am blind Annika. I can see, you are still wary of me. Hell, you don't even address me by my name. I can't pinpoint your feelings and if that is what is going to continue than it is also going to affect Amu soon and I don't think we both can afford that. And you wanted my forgiveness, right? Fine, then I forgive you. We should really take a concrete decision on our relationship Annika. For me, you are my wife but you don't want to accept our relationship and that is completely okay. I don't expect you to forgive me for whatever you have gone through in the past seven years. But this sweet behavior that you have been displaying in the past few days is not understandable to me Annika. Ever since that misunderstanding about Netra happened, I understand that you would have felt bad but you have taken a complete 360° turn. I can't understand it. When I came back, I behaved nicely with you because I was aware that I had wronged and I could earn your forgiveness but with Netra, it wasn't my fault Annika and now I can't take it anymore. I just can't....." And Annika was surprised to see tears line up in his eyes. She quickly went to his side and asked him to look at her.