T h i r t y - O n e

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on, you just gotta be true to yourself," Joe said, making me stare at him

"Oh, come on, you just gotta be true to yourself," Joe said, making me stare at him. He never really was a dating advisor, but he does have more girlfriends than I do, and he has probably been in more relationships than I have.

"Joe, dude, it's not easy," I told him seriously. He only chuckled, "It is. You know you like her, you'll do anything to be with her," he said, making me snort. "And she's gonna do anything to get me away from her," I said, laughing. 

Joe frowned, "Not funny, when did she say that?" he said, seriously.

"The night after the Met," I said, still laughing to myself. "I told her that as long as you're still dating her best friend, she'll never be able to get me to stay away from her."

"But you are respecting her, right?" Joe said, staring into my eyes as if to see if I was lying or not. I cringed, "Of course, I am, what do you expect me to do, disrespect her?"

"Well, are you keeping your hands to yourself?" he asked me again, making me roll my eyes. "Seriously, dude, chill. I'm not doing anything physically, I'm just... playing around, I guess," I said, realizing how weird that sounded.

"Yeah, you better be respectful, do you guys text?" he asked me. 

I nodded, "Yeah... not occasionally, she's probably so annoyed of me right now," I added, pressing my lips together. "I'm not proud of it," I added, seeing that Joe was about to open his mouth. "I don't want her to be mad at me like that."

"Of course, you don't, but dude, you gotta fix it somehow," he said, taking a sip of his coffee. I stared at the paparazzi for a minute and turned back to him, "How are you and Gigi?" I asked. "You guy's doing OK?"

"We're doing fine," Joe said. "Gi's heading out to Miami for a shoot. Tonight. I have to hang out alone, so if you're ever lonely, you can just swing by at my place," he said with a smile. I shrugged, "It's OK, really, I don't wanna bother you. Besides, I've got other things to do."

Joe nodded, understandingly, "I got you. I'll leave now, you want me to pay the check or—"

"No, I'll take care of it."

I shuffled through my wallet and pulled out a twenty-dollar bill, waiting for the waiter to come over. Two girls shuffled nervously up to me. "Er— Nick? Joe? can we uhh, have a picture?" The blonde one asked. They were both bouncing nervously on their feet.

I got up, and so did Joe. I looked around, "Sure, we can manage a picture... You've got a phone—" The other girl shoved a phone at me, enthusiastically. I was surprised, but I took the phone, a smile on my face.

I spun around and pointed at a random paparazzi, "Hey, dude, can you erm—" I pointed at the phone and gave him an apologetic look. He nodded, "Sure, brother, just hand that over— you want a picture on this camera as well?" he asked the girls. They both squealed and nodded. I have never met such a nice paparazzi.

"Thanks, dude, means a lot," Joe said to the paparazzi as he stood on the other side of the girls. I flashed a smile and nearly all of the cameras flashed. I was glad I could make these girls' day like this, and I'm also glad that the paparazzi are nice.

"Thanks so much, Nick and Joe Jonas," the girls said in unison as the paparazzi spoke with their mother. I nodded and smiled back, "Hope you have a good day," I said, giving them both a hug. I watched as they moved in to hug Joe.

_ _ _

I just thought Nick and Joe were always so good with fans. I remember that time he was in a hurry with Priyanka and his nieces, Alena and Valentina. A fan wanted his autograph, but he was like; Wait, I gotta make sure they get in the van safely first. When he saw that the fan was sort of upset, he went back and gave her an autograph.

 When he saw that the fan was sort of upset, he went back and gave her an autograph

I love Nick because of that. He's so sweet. 

P.S I'm not blaming the times he was annoyed by the paps, they were invading his space.