Chapter 105 Amari Quinn

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 105 Amari Quinn

Everything was ready and set.
The feeding bottles have been cleaned and set on her dresser. Her clothes were laid out on her changing table. The powder, the cologne and the baby wipes were all lined up on one side. The comforter in her crib has been put down, the pillows plumped; her bed companions, Mickey and Minnie, was standing in attention to watch over her.

The only thing missing was our daughter.

I moved to the other side of the bed and stroked Maine's cheeks with my knuckles, happy that she was sleeping soundly. Lately, she has been experiencing difficulty in sleeping because of the baby, often tossing and turning every other hour to just find a comfortable position to sleep in. I kissed her bump gently and whispered, "Come out now baby girl." I smiled. "You're already late for your birthday."

The due date that my wife's doctor gave was already three days ago.

I was just coming out of the bathroom, ready to make her breakfast when I saw her sitting up, shaking her head.

"Bed's wet..."

"What?"

I held her hands as she gingerly stood up, "Bed wet," She repeated, showing me her damp nightgown.

I grabbed the phone and immediately dialed for the hospital. Our daughter took my request seriously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled cheekily for my son, who was sitting on my lap. We're in the anteroom of the private birthing suite, keeping up the pretense that everything was okay.

Okay, despite his mother screaming in the background. Sebastian looked back at the door that separated us from the other room. "Mama?"

I winced as another scream pierced the air. "Mama is busy right now." I said as I stood up. "Your sister needs her more than you do right now."

"Like the way she needs your presence in there." My brother said as they entered the private suite followed by our parents.

"She just threw me out a while ago, cursing me."

My new sister-in-law chuckled. "That's only natural with the pain
that she is going through."

"Why haven't you asked for painkillers?" My father asked.

To which my mother answered, "Maine said that under no terms would she be administered with painkillers. She wants to go natural."

Another scream silenced us.

I handed them Sebastian and burst into the other room. "Maine!" Her hands reached out for me.

"RJ..."

I took the cloth from the nurse attending her as well as the ice chips and did what she was doing when I entered. "How... how are you?" I asked looking at the monitors that were hooked up to her.

"Fine." She answered after laboring; pardon the pun, for breath.

"Are you sure?" I asked which seemed to irk her for some reason.

"When I say I'm fine, it means I AM FINE!" she hissed into my face.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" She screamed, letting go of my collar when another contraction hit her.