Chapter 68: Framed

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 68: Framed

"Rob, have you heard from the framers?" Jacinta asked, as she entered her husband's study.

Roberto looked up from the book he was reading and adjusted his glasses. "Not yet. But the owner assured me yesterday that he would personally deliver it here this afternoon."

"I hope they make good with their word. I need that in time for the New Year." She bent down a bit to get a look at the title of the book Roberto was reading. "Grand Parenting for Dummies?"

Roberto took off his glasses and gave her a sheepish smile. "I wasn't around much for his father but I plan to be around for him that's why I'm learning as much as I can." He put the book down on his desk. "Do you think our son will ever forgive me?"

Jacinta took his hand and gave it a pat. "I think he already has."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sebastian! No. That's dirty." RJ cautioned as he took the baby elephant stuffed toy from Sebastian, who was putting it into his mouth.
"Love, who gave him Dumbo?" RJ eased closer to Sebastian and took his fist out of his mouth. "Why does he keep on putting things in his mouth?"

Maine looked away from the dresser mirror where she was putting on the jewelry set that RJ bought her along with her engagement ring. "Mamá gave him Dumbo this afternoon. If I'm not mistaken, he is teething. His gums must be itching that's why he keeps on putting things in his mouth." Maine sat down beside them on their bed and opened Sebastian's mouth to confirm her suspicion. "See those nubs? Baby teeth."

RJ wiped his hand on his shirt and placed a finger on the white spot on Sebastian's gums. "Ouch!" RJ exclaimed in surprise when Sebastian clamped down on his finger and nibbled on it. He carefully pried his finger out of Sebastian's mouth. "Can we do anything to alleviate the itching?"

"Did you happen to get a teether when you bought all his things?" She asked, as she took Sebastian from him to allow him to wipe his drool-covered finger.

RJ stood up. "There should be one. I told the store to deliver everything that a baby boy would need. Stay here. I'll find it."

Sebastian was happily nibbling on his Piglet teether when the first firecracker sounded off, followed by the loud beating of drums. Sebastian stiffened in Maine's arms, dropping his teether on the bed; his new toy forgotten on his lap. Then the wailing started.

Maine gathered him closer. "What was that?" She continued rubbing Sebastian's back, rocking him gently to calm him.

"The dragon dancers are here." He looked back at them. "Let's go down. I'm sure he would like the colorful dragons."

"You must be joking." She gestured to him to come closer. "Here, feel this." She said, as she placed one of his hands on their son's chest. Sebby's heartbeat was racing.

"You're right." He led them to the windows. "But I still want him to experience an Asian New Year. The firecrackers are only at the beginning and at the end. We'll move away from the windows when they set off the last firecrackers later, okay?" He asked them both.

Sebastian answered for both of them with a squeal of delight and heavy tapping on the window when his eyes caught sight of the dancing dragons down in the gardens.