Chapter 79 No Hanky Panky

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
Fiction.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 79 No Hanky Panky

It took a while for Issa to regain her senses after RJ asked her to be a godmother to Sebastian. When she came to, RJ had already taken advantage of it and started to back away as Issa started stretching her hands, ready to wring his neck.

"What! You made a single mother out of my best friend!" Issa picked up her skirt and ran after RJ.

His back hit one of the church pillars. He was trapped. He could do nothing but raise his arms to fend off her attack. "She never told me she carried my son!" He shouted in his defense.

Issa attacked nonetheless. "She must have had a good reason not to tell you!" She shouted at him all the while shaking him.

She was his best friend's wife, he really didn't want to do this but he was left with no choice. His neck was starting to hurt with all the shaking. In one swift move, he switched their places and it was now Issa who was trapped against the pillar. "No! It was a bad case of misunderstanding. She saw me with Daisy."

At the mention of another woman's name, Issa saw red again and struggled against his hold in earnest. "Richard James, another woman is reason enough where you're concerned!"

He shook his head at her vehemently. "Let me finish. You're jumping to the wrong conclusions! She saw me with Daisy, who by the way is my first cousin, on our way to Harry Winston to buy her engagement ring. I asked Daisy to help me chose an engagement ring."

She asked the obvious question. "Why didn't you follow her to London?"

"I did. But I saw her with another man, already round with child. Pride and stupidity kicked in and I left without even asking if the child she carried was mine."

The noise that was coming from the church's lawn drew their attention when both were about to launch into another round of question and answer. "Look Issa, I know you want to know the whole truth and I know we owe that at least but I'm sure were being missed at the reception." RJ let her go and started walking.

Issa ran after him and blocked his path. "Answer me this RJ. Is she happy?"

"I am. In fact I'm deliriously happy!" Maine answered from behind them.

Her heels echoed against the floor of the church as she made her way to her best friend and her fiance. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you because I know you would react like this and I didn't want RJ to find me just because he felt obligated to because you forced him." She explained looking at her best friend and then back to RJ.

"You know nobody can make me do what I don't want to do." RJ answered, explaining in that short sentence that he was hers on his own accord.

It was the genuineness of her best friend's smile that made her believe that she was truly happy. She returned the smile and opened her arms. "There is nothing to forgive."
She said as they hugged each other. "I understand. And yes I will be very hurt if I'm not made a godmother to your son."

"Thank you!" Maine answered back. "Now about Alex..."

~~~~~~~

"Why the Cheshire cat smile?" Maine asked as she slipped under the sheets to join RJ in bed.

"I was just thinking that there's less than 72 hours till you and Sebastian are officially mine." RJ explained as he slid closer to Maine. "Can't wait to call you Mrs. Fullerton."