Chapter 24: Baby's Day Out

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 24: Baby's Day Out

~~Maine's Apartment, The Docklands~~

The apartment was alive with the medley of baby Sebby's crying, her mobile phone ringing and the doorbell chiming. She stood in the middle of her living room, caught in indecision on which to attend to first. Her maternal instincts kicked in first so she went to the nursery to pick up the four month old Sebastian and rock him back and forth in attempt to soothe him.

Sebby's cries only picked up. She slipped into her small office to get her mobile phone to answer it as she continued walking to her front door.
Maine cradled the phone between her ear and shoulder. "Hello, Zelle, what is it?"

"Sorry to call you at a bad time." hearing the baby's cry over the phone. "But Ma'am, the chairman called and was asking for your financial analysis report. I tried to search for it in your computer, but the file here hasn't been updated."

Maine held Sebby's head as the baby move about in agitation. "I have the updated report here with me. I'll email it to you right away. Just print it out and submit it along with the other documents I left you last week."

Maine snapped her phone close and was about to turn back to her office when the doorbell chimed again reminding her that someone was at the door. She tiptoed to look into the peephole, while her free hand punched in the security code to open the front door. She then pulled it open to admit Ray in.

Ray looked at strangely. "Why aren't you dressed yet?"

Maine rubbing baby Sebby's back in an effort to put an end to his crying. "Dressed?"

"Did you forget that I booked you for a pictorial at the Picture Factory?"

"How can I forget!" giving herself a whack in the forehead. "Do we still have enough time to make it there?"

Ray took the whimpering Sebby from her. "I knew that you would forget that's why I'm here early. Your pictorial isn't until 11. Here, let me have him so you can get dressed."

Maine headed to her room to get dressed. When she turned to close her door, what she saw and heard made her heart ache. Ray was cuddling Sebby while singing his favorite nursery rhyme 'Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.' Ray's baritone voice instantly hushed Baby Sebby, whose eyes stared back at the man holding and singing to him.

A lone tear escaped from her eyes.
'RJ, it should be you singing lullabies to our child. It should be your voice that soothes him.' She shook her head at the wistful thoughts.

~~At the Picture Factory~~

The shop assistant showed them the rack of baby clothes. "Here we have some baby costumes. You can pick one that you like and then we can proceed to the studio to have the pictorial."

When the shop assistant left them to choose a costume, Ray picked out a bumblebee costume and held it against Sebby, who was lounging in his Bugaboo baby stroller. Maine shook her head in disapproval. She then held up a Winnie the Pooh costume.

Ray nodded his head in approval. Spying an angel wing and a halo on the rack, Ray took it off and showed it to Maine.

She smiled and told him that it was perfect. Maine held the costumes as Ray pushed the stroller to the dressing room. When Maine had Sebby on the dressing table, Ray excused himself to talk to the photographer in the studio next door.