Chapter 15: All By Myself

Credits to Google images for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 15: All by Myself

~~Twyford, Berkshire: Maine's parents' house~~

She was psyching herself up. "Come on Maine, you can do it. You can't hide the truth from them forever."

Taking a deep breath, she was poised to open the door with her key when it opened to reveal her mother.

"Maine! What a surprise. Your father and I were just talking about you. Ted! your daughter has come to visit us." hugging her tight and pulling her inside the house and then closing the door.

Mother and daughter went to the den where her father was seated reading the latest copy of TIME magazine.

Maine bent down to give her father a kiss on the cheeks.

"You look good. We've missed you so much, you rarely visit nowadays. Too busy to see us old folks?" her father jokingly chided her.

Her mother patted his arm. "Tatay, you forgot that our daughter is now a senior partner where she works. If hasn't been visiting us, it must be because she she's busy with work."

"But that doesn't mean that she has to forget about us her parents," her father pouted.

"Nay, Tatay is right. I've neglected you for so long. That's why I would like to make it up to you. Get dressed because were going out for dinner." she announced happily.

Back at home after their dinner, the family sat down around their dining table, enjoying the freshly brewed coffee, telling stories, catching up on each other's lives. When her mother offered her coffee, Maine declined and instead made herself a cup of hot chocolate.

Her mother raised an eyebrow. "Since when did you go back to chocolate?"

Maine muttered, "Ever since I found out I was pregnant."

"Huh?" her mother replied.

Taking a deep breath, she then went to the dining table, full of resolve to say what she came to say in the first place.

"Nay, Tay, I have an announcement to make," Her mother and father looked at each other in wonder at the seriousness of her voice. "How do you feel about becoming grandparents?"

"Grandparents? What do you mean?"

"I'm three months pregnant."

Her father stood up, slamming his coffee mug on the table." What does Ray plan to do about it?"

"Ray? What does Ray have to do with this?"

"What your Tatay means is that has Ray proposed marriage to you?"

"He has."

"And?" her father retorted impatiently.

"I declined his offer."

"What?! Why did you turn down his offer?!" her father started walking to the hallway to get his car keys.

"Tatay, where are you going?"

"I'm giving Ray a piece of my mind and fist!"

Maine jumped from her seat and blocked the door. "No you won't Tay."

"And why the hell not?! I won't let him get away with this. By god, he should be held responsible for his actions!"

"That's just it, Tay. He did nothing; nothing!"

Her mother stood in front of Maine, holding on to her shoulder while her other hand titled her head. "Then who is the father Maine. Who?"

Maine broke away from her mother's stare and walked back to the dining room. "Some guy back in Manila," yet her mind screaming no! He is not just some guy Maine and you know it! "I met him at the party for Issa's children."

Her father surprised her with a slap across the face. "Get out of my house! I don't want to see you and your bastard! I will not be disgraced by daughter who has loose morals!"

Her mother started crying and pleading with her husband. "Tay, please don't be so harsh, she is our only child."

"No, we don't have a daughter anymore!" Pulling to the front door.

"Tatay, please I'm so sorry, don't do this. My baby and I need you. Please Tay!" getting down on her knees to beg her father.

But it was no use.

"Then you should have thought about it when you gave yourself to that bastard!" effectively slamming the door on her face.

Maine knocked frantically at the door. "Tatay! Nanay! Please! I'm so sorry. Please, Tatay! Nay!"

Her father hearing her daughter begging on the other side of the door, breaks down and started to cry. "What have we done wrong?"

Maine's mother, with no answer to give her husband, knelt down beside him on the floor and enveloped him in her embrace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Poor Maine! 😔😢

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Non-proofread.
Non-beta'ed.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: Fully and all disclaimed.
Thank you for reading. 😊💚