Chapter 92 No Letting Go

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 92: No Letting Go

"Issa, don't look down too much." Alex said to his wife as he held her by the waist. "You might fall!"

"Now why would I want to do that?" She answered her husband sarcastically. This was supposed to be a happy day, so she quickly changed topic. "Hey, you got better eyesight, can you see if her car is already near?"

"Darling, even if I have 20-20 vision, I still can't tell if her car is near. We're over 600 feet above the ground."

She turned in his hold. "But how can you miss a white bridal car?" She raised Alex's left wrist and looked at the time. "There's only five minutes left." She whispered, afraid that RJ, who was nearby might hear her comment.

Precaution was too late. "Don't worry Issa. I know she is coming."

"Has she called?"

"No."

"Text?" Alex offered.

"No." He calmly smiled at them.

"Then what?"

"Nothing. I just know, because she said so." He left them looking after him, stunned by his words.

"Come here baby," RJ scooping up Sebastian who was trying to run/ crawl after the older children who were in attendance as they played around to pass the time waiting for the bride to arrive.

"Dada!" Ava squealed as she hurled herself against her father who bent down to catch her, his eyes never leaving his friend, who was crouched with his son in between his knees, dusting off the little one's linen pants. "RJ are you alright?"

Why they all are worried? "Thanks bro, I'm fine. Very much so." He said and meant it. I trust her. RJ turned his attention to his son. "Now let's get you fixed so that we will both be handsome when Mommy arrives."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Of all the days to be caught in traffic! Since they opted for a private wedding, with only family and intimate friends in attendance, the MMDA wasn't informed. In fact, she could count among her hands and feet the guests in attendance.

Speaking of feet, Maine extended her legs; they healed nicely, almost as if they were brand new if it were possible, all because of RJ's tender ministrations. He did make good on his offer of carrying her around the first time she meet her parents-in-law. The rosy tips of her toes, exposed by her strappy shoes, peeked out from her wedding dress that she saw only this morning when one of servants assigned to be her assistant laid it on her bed; a white one-piece affair with the bodice held up by a string knotted at the base of her nape, leaving her back exposed to the small of her back. No. No gowns for her today. She had enough of dragging lots of fabric to last her a lifetime.

RJ didn't allow her to lift a finger in preparation for their wedding. He did all the work, consulting her every now and then for her color, flower and food preferences. She just knew of the details when she received her own copy of their invitation.

Maine was out of the car, the minute it slowed down in front of 'their' building; RJ wanted to buy the building from Alex's family. Maine, who found the idea ridiculous- dissuaded him. But Richard James wasn't known to be the businessman of the year for three years in a row without knowing a few tricks and pulling some strings. She will get that among her wedding presents later.