Chapter 69: Morning Kiss

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 69: Morning Kiss

She sat Indian-style on their bed, hair still tousled from sleep. She told him to wake her up the same time he did but instead, he allowed her to sleep in. It was his constant movement to and from their bathroom and walk-in closet that woke her up. He gave her a wet greeting as he shook off excess water from his hair when he noticed that she was awake. She quickly grabbed his pillow to use as a shield and protested. "RJ! The sheets!"

He pulled down his pillow and vigorously shook his head. "We've got plenty."

Her hands blindly searched for his face and held it still. "You miss my point. I just had them changed last night. And here you are wetting them. It's no joke to wash and dry bed coverings you know."

He shook his head even more. "No. I don't."

She took both ends of the towel that was hanging around his neck and tugged. "You and your affluent lifestyle! Now that you know, you should be considerate."

He kissed the tip of her nose, "Yes ma'am," his left hand going to the knot of the towel at his waist, which was slipping due to all his shaking.

Maine changed to a kneeling position to be eye-level with him. "Where are you going this early?" She asked as she toweled his hair.

The towel muffled his answer.

"What?"

HE took hold of her hands. "I said I'm off to work."

Her jaw dropped. "That's today?" He nodded. She let go of him and scrambled off the bed, making a beeline to their walk in closet. "Now I remember why I asked you to wake me up the same time you do." She called out from within.

He leaned against the doorframe of their closet, crossed his feet and held onto the towel around his neck, the towel on his waist, riding dangerously low. "You don't need to prepare my clothes for me. I've been doing that since I started working."

"But I want to." She held onto one of the closet doors and leaned back. "Wifey duties." She explained. Maine looked at the clothes laid out on the stretched ottoman. "Is that your choice for this morning?" She tapped her chin and then grabbed the tie. "Too plain." She turned his revolving tie rack and picked out something jazzed up. "There. Much better." Maine marched up to him and stood on tiptoe in front of him.

Finally. RJ, expecting his morning kiss, puckered up. He barely had time to release his lips when she dragged him away from their closet and back to their bathroom. "Where's my kiss?" His mind asked loudly.

Maine shoved him in one of the wicker chairs and got his shaving cream, razor and other shaving paraphernalia. She walked behind the chair and pulled him back. "But I just shaved."

She placed a drop of shaving cream on his nose. "But not close enough." She then disappeared from his view. When his head tried to follow her, Maine tipped his head back. "Don't move."

RJ didn't want to move an inch. In fact, he didn't mind staying in that position for the rest of the day. RJ placed his hands on her waist as Maine straddled his navel to give him a closer shave. He thanked himself for having the wisdom of ordering the reclined version of the chair rather than the straight back.

"Mhhmmm..." RJ groaned low in his throat as Maine pressed herself against him and rubbed her face against his. "Uhmmm. Smooth."

RJ closed his eyes, savoring the feeling. His eyes popped open when he felt her welcome weight off him. While he recovered from being taken down from cloud nine abruptly, Maine was already half way back to their closet, making a quick detour to Sebastian's room. When RJ returned to their closet, Maine was curling her finger at him. As he stood in front of her, she turned her finger, telling him to turn around. When he did, she clamped down his shoulders and pushed him down on the ottoman. "Uhm, Love, I don't put on baby powder." He informed her when he smelled Sebby's baby powder.