Chapter 35: True Lies

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 35: True Lies

Alex and Mark sat in uncomfortable silence as they made their way back to the driving range to collect Mark's car. Both were deep in their thoughts at the surprise that was sprung upon them that night. Although they both knew that RJ and Maine both had feelings for one another, but never did they imagine that they would have a child out of wedlock.

Alex was contemplating that it is most likely for RJ, given his playboy lifestyle, but he couldn't quite see it in Maine. He'd known Maine almost as long as he knew his wife, and it's just not like her. He shook his head at the thought but reality has made him see otherwise.

Mark on the other hand was both shocked and happy for his friend. He knew how much Maine means to him and now even more so because she is the mother of his child. He never thought that Maine could keep such important information from RJ. Heck, it was his flesh and blood they were talking about. How could she do that to his friend? He should really have a long talk with her one of these days to know the answers.

Alex frowned, creasing his forehead. "Mark, you know, I have a funny feeling there is more than meets the eye with regard to the circumstances surrounding RJ's son."

"What do you mean?"

"If Maine kept the information that RJ is already a father, then how come RJ has Sebastian? Do you know if he kept tabs on Maine while she was in London?"

"I don't think so. If he did, then he would have known that Maine was pregnant with his son."

"You're right. Then who brought Sebastian to his father?"

Mark rubbed his chin. "Man, this surprise is quickly turning into a Sherlock Holmes case!"

"Speaking of surprises, what was your surprise for us?"

Mark took out his mobile phone. "Oh shit! I complete forgot about that!"

~~Washington D.C., USA~~

Gio picked up the phone "Amelie?"

Mark smiled. "Sorry to disappoint you buddy, it's just me."

"Mark! What do you want this time? You made me wait for 3 hours and then when I finally catch my sleep, you wake me up. Whose big idea was it to stand me up?"

Mark, thinking of a white lie to cover up the real reason. "Uhm, nobody; we had technical difficulties setting up the videoconference."

Alex mouthed. "So that was the surprise..."

Mark nodded his head in answer.

"Next time, call me earlier."

"Okay. I'm really sorry."

Gio yawned. "That's okay. Everything alright there?"

"Yup. You can now get back to your precious sleep. Have fun dreaming about your precious Amelie."Mark said, chuckling.

"I will. Bye!" Gino answered absentmindedly.

"Whew! Thank god Gio's in a good mood."

Ales scoffed. "That's a first. He's usually grumpy when you wake him up from his sleep."

"Well, I think his good mood had something to do with whom he was dreaming about," Mark said with mirth in his eyes.