Chapter 49: I Need You

Credits to EB YT "Love Is" for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 49: I Need You

~~Fitting Room number 8~~

Their gasps were drowned by the sound of a fabric tearing. Neither one moved. Each one lost in their own thoughts as they descended from cloud nine.

He berated his lack of control. 'Richard James, you're such a boor! You were ready and poised to take her right here!'

She berated her lack of restraint. 'My god Maine! What kind of woman are you that you would allow yourself to be taken in fitting room?'

He wanted to apologize but instead of sorry . . ."I need you," he coarsely whispered.

Maine's heart didn't know whether to leap or sink.
He needed her!
Physically.
Could she settle for that?

In the end, her greed won. Maine tried to move away from RJ. But RJ held her fast. He straightened himself and cupped her face. He repeated again. "I need you."

"I can feel that." she answered him blandly. She really wanted to get away from him. She needed to get away from him. He was already adding insult to injury.

But RJ had other plans. He didn't let her go despite her struggles to be free of his hold. He had no plans of letting her go.

Not now. Not ever.

He told her again. "Maine, I need . . ." He didn't get to finish because Maine interrupted him angrily.

She grabbed his hands that was cupping her face with every intention of removing them. "Richard James, I maybe dumb, but I'm not deaf! You're wasting your breath. Now get off me!" Punctuating her sentence with a hard shove against RJ's chest.

Maine gave him one last scathing look and started walking back to the inner chamber. RJ got up after her and grabbed her arm before she disappeared behind the curtain. She looked at him in contempt. "Get your hands off me."

He stood his ground. "Not until you hear me out."

She glared at him. "I told you I'm not deaf. I heard what you said."

He shook his head. "Not everything."

"What is there left to say?" she asked sadly.

"The most important part." He replied earnestly.

Maine raised an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"Now and always." RJ disclosed solemnly.

"Maine, I need you. Now and always." RJ looked straight in her eyes as he declared out in the open, baring his heart and soul on his sleeve completely.

RJ felt Maine moving away from him, her arm slipping from his grasp. He bowed his head in defeat. So this is how karma works.

The first tears from his eyes fell as he felt her fingers finally slipping away from his. He turned around to leave, not wanting her to see him cry but he was tugged back to where he stood.
RJ raised his eyes and followed the length of his arm. His eyes widened in delightful surprise at what he found at the end of his arm.

Maine's hand was intertwined with his.

She stepped closer to him. "Now and always RJ. Now and always." She knew that it wasn't the I love you that she still longed to hear. But it was close, definitely close.

RJ took her other hand and placed them behind his back and gathered her in his tight embrace. He drew back and looked deep into her eyes.
He kissed her tenderly. "Now and always Maine. Now and always." He knew that it wasn't the I love you that she longed to hear but it was the closest he'd come to declaring how he felt about her. The I love you is not far behind, definitely not far behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
Short and sweet. 💚💚

ps. Kinilig po ako 🥰🥰

Next update will be much longer. ☺️

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Non-proofread.
Non-beta'ed.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: Fully and all disclaimed.
Thank you for reading. 😊💚