Chapter 9: King and Queen Of Hearts

It's update time so here's the next. Will be updating 4 chapters through out the day. Hintay hintay lang po ng konti. ☺️💚
Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Chapter 9: King and Queen Of Hearts

~~The King Mansion~~

The children's party has long been over. The children and their nannies were sent home. Issa and Corrine together with her husband, Mark, were busy trying to get their children to sleep in the twins' nursery. The rest of their adult guests were still in the garden being entertained by games.

The emcee was holding a special game for charity.
"For the last program of today's event, we would like to ask everybody to look under his or her seat and take out the card that has been taped to it. After you have found your card, here is what you're supposed to do."

Everyone was listening.

"Each card has its matching partner. Go around and find your partner so that the dance may begin. Be sure that the suit as well as the person in the card will match. To make it a little bit more interesting, we took the cards from different decks with different designs, so even the deck design has to match. The partners who do not finish the song will be both fined 10,000 and the funds will go to the Philippine Children's Hospital as donations."

The guests started roaming around with their cards. One quipped, "I got the king of spades. Who has the queen of spades?"

A guest across the garden answered back, "Hey, I got the queen of spades!"

"I got the queen of diamonds with a Picasso deck design at the back." This came from Alex.

His mother, the beautiful Helen replied, "Alex, I got its king." showing her son her card.

Alex offering his mother his arm. "Ma, shall we?"

Emma took Alex's proffered arm and smiled, "Of course we shall."

Maine looked at her card, "I got the queen of hearts."

RJ overhearing Maine, got excited, "I got the king of hearts! Maine, may I have this dance?"

Maine bit her lips, then giving him her most radiant smile.

However Gio had butted in. "Not so fast RJ. But Maine happens to be my queen."

RJ was ready to kill one of his best friends right there, giving him a look nothing short of murderous. "What do you mean??"

Gio gave RJ a serene smile, "Look at the back of your card. You may have the king of hearts but it doesn't match the deck from where Maine's card was taken. Mine does." showing RJ his card right up his very nose.

Another female started simpering, "Oh Richard! I'm your queen!" walking towards him and grabbing his hands, pulling him towards the dance floor.

Gio stood in front of Maine. "Shall we?"

Maine was busy following RJ and the girl with her eyes, she didn't even hear what Gio said.

Gio waved his hand infront of Maine, "Maine, shall we?"

Maine blushed at being caught, "Oh sorry." letting Gio lead her to the dance floor.

~~On The Dance Floor~~

"How have you been Maine?" Gio saw that she is distracted by RJ and his partner dancing so close to one another.

"f... fine," stammering at being caught looking at RJ.

Gio looked at Maine, taking her chin so he could say to her face,"Your torch is still lighted?"

Maine wanted to say no, but dare not lie. Gio had always been kind to her. "I'm afraid so. Yes, still very much."

~~On the other side of the Dance Floor~~

"Ouch!"

"Sorry." RJ apologize for stepping on the woman's toes. He was distracted by seeing Gio holding Maine close and holding her chin, looking to her eyes when he was conversing with her. RJ saw Gio dip Maine and felt that that was the last straw. He couldn't take it anymore. Since he didn't want to beat up Gio and expose himself prematurely, he chose the easiest way he knew out of a sticky situation.

RJ looked at his dance partner, "Sorry I have to make an important phone call."

"But we'll be fined."

RJ can't help but roll his eyes. "I don't care. I'll pay for your fine too. Tell them I'll double it." as he walked away from the dance floor.

The female guest, not wanting to look like a fool, tugged on RJ's hand and followed him off the dance floor.

This did not escaped the emcee's notice. "Looks like someone's going to pay the price! I'm sure the children at the hospital will greatly appreciate your donation Sir Richard. Thank you!"

Maine stiffened at the announcement and craned her neck to see where RJ went off to. All that she saw was his back and a flash of the girl's skirt.

"Maine..." Gio murmured softly.

"He still hasn't changed. Going off with another girl without even saying goodbye! I'm sorry Gio, I don't feel very well. Can you take me back to my hotel please?

Gio gave her knowing look. "Okay, let's just bid the hosts farewell."

~~Parking Area of the King Mansion~~

The female guest had to ask, "Where are you taking me Richard?"

RJ gave her an incredulous look. "Taking you? Look miss, I don't know you. I'm not taking you anywhere. Go back to the party if you want."

The female guest balked, "But I can't go back there. I'll be a laughingstock!"

"I don't care!" RJ got into his black Mercedes Benz AMG GT sports car, slamming the door shut. He was about to start his engine when he noticed Gio and he was not alone, Maine was with him.

Gio and Maine had just settled in their seats when they heard a car zooming pass them, making a screeching noise at the corner as it almost hit the gate post as it took a sharp left unto the main road. Maine didn't get a glimpse of the license plate but Gio did.

The car belonged to RJ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:
So, the not so jolly green giant bug of jealousy really bit RJ hard! Will his jealousy stand in their way? What's he gonna do next? Abangan! 😁

*******ALDUBPARIN****************
Non-proofread.
Non-beta'ed.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: Fully and all disclaimed.
Thank you for reading. 😊💚