Chapter 83 Six Degrees

Credits to Pinterest for the header.
FICTION.
Disclaimer: All and fully disclaimed.
For ADN. 💚💚💚💚💚💚

*******ALDUBPARIN****************

Chapter 83: Six Degrees

His first triggered her second, which in turn set off an after effect. "I said I'm coming." RJ bellowed as he heard his mother trying the knob again, masking the tingling sensation invading his body, curling his toes.

When the sensations subsided and their breathing came close to normal, RJ and Maine moved like precision clockwork, gathering their clothes and putting some on in the process.
Maine had just pulled her shirts over her head and RJ had just slipped on his boxers when his mother knocked again. "RJ? What's taking you so long?"

"I'm in the bathroom," RJ bought them time to get dressed. The door rattled. "If you are going to take longer, I'll just go to Maine."

Their jaw dropped.

"Call her back!" Maine shouted silently.

"No, I'm almost done. Wait there." RJ swiftly moved towards the door.

Maine jumped over the bed and grabbed the glass of water on her way to him. She stopped him, as he was about to turn the knob.

RJ wiped the water she sprayed on his face. "What are you doing?" He mouthed.

"You came from the bathroom right?" She mouthed back, as she sprayed more water on his face to keep up appearances.

He nodded at her perception and sprayed some water himself. RJ opened the door before he could remind her to hide.

Jacinta touched her nose. "RJ!" She banged on the door this time. "Why did you close the door on my face?"

He wagged his finger at her. "Not there! She will see you as she walks in," referring to Maine's choice of hiding place, which was under his bed.

"Richard! Open this door!" Jacinta insisted, her hand rattling the knob.
His first name was starting to sound overused. He was really in hot water.

"I'll hide behind the door." Maine whispered as she pulled the door open for him.

"Be careful Mamá." RJ said as he caught his mother who went along with the momentum of the swinging door.

Jacinta righted herself and looked at her son sternly. "Why did you close that door on my face?" her hand pointing angrily at the offending door.

"I had to right my boxers, and it slipped from my hand."Making a production of adjusting his boxers on his hip.

"And you say women are fickle about their appearance." Pushing a finger against his forehead for emphasis, walking past her son towards the bed.

RJ led his mother instead to the tea chair in the room when she made a move to sit on the bed, making the excuse that the sheets were dirty and weren't fit for her to sit on. He didn't want her to smell anything. "Now what did you came here for, almost knocking Maine's door down?" He asked pleasantly as he sat on the bed.

It was really a good, no make that great idea that he decided to make his mother sit on the tea chair as he felt his hand land on something wet. RJ cringed as he pulled his hand away and balled up the sheets.

"RJ, are you listening to me?"
"Uh huh. You were saying something about our flight itinerary." He was really fast becoming adapt at multi-tasking. "We are are going to take Cathay Pacific flying to Hongkong then British Airways straight to London from Hong Kong." He looked at his mother. "Is that all?"