CHAPTER 56

8:29PM

Tyquez is sitting in a chair in the hospital room that Jordan is in. He hand a cast on his arm and arm sling.

As Jordan woke from her sleep, she saw him on the phone. She began to think about the argument that they had before the car crash.

"...I was jealous", Jordan said.

Tyquez looked up from his phone and at her. "What?", he asked.

"Of Hakeem. I was jealous. Not because I want him back and I wish that was me but because it reminded me and what used to be", Jordan explained.

Tyquez locked his phone and put it to the side.

"I get if you don't wanna be in a relationship with me anymore. I understand and it's your decision. I put myself in the predicament of confusion. I put you in it too and I'm sorry. But what I do know is that the only man that I love is you. Yes, I have to get Hakeem completely out of my system because sometimes I do still think about. But the more time I have with you, the more he gets out of my system. And although I love what we have and I wanna continue what we have...but I know some good things have to come to an end right?", said Jordan.

"...all I wanted was for you to be honest with me. I understand that you still have some type of "issues" when it come to him. It wasn't just a basic relationship. You guys were married...but feel like when you lie about the stuff that I can see with my own eyes...than it's more than just getting over an ex. You could possibly still be in love with that man", Tyquez asked.

"I'm not. The love and feelings I had for him has been gone for months now. It's just the memories I wanna forget so I can be fully attentive in this relationship", she said.

"Jordan, you aren't ever going to forget the memories you had with him. Just like I'm not going to forget the memories I had with my exes", he said. "Those memories shouldn't hold you back from actually building this relationship and moving on"

Jordan looks down.

"...I just wanna know if you have moved on or not. Because if you haven't, you ain't 100% in tuned with this relationship. If you've moved on...then I need you to prove that so we can move forward", he said."if you even wanna move forward"

"I do...and we will because I wanna prove to you that I have 100% moved on", Jordan said.

"By doing what?", he asked.

"I don't know yet. My head hurts", Jordan replied at she touched the top of her head.

"Let me go get the nurse. I was supposed to get them whenever you woke up", he said as he got up.

"Before you do, did you find out who hit us?", she asked.

"No. They fled the scene before I even cared who did it. I was in so much pain and you were knocked out so I was more so focused on us", he said. "They ran the light at the intersection though so it wasn't my fault. It was theirs"

Jordan looked down. She saw their face before they hit the car.

"I'll be back", Tyquez said before walked out.

Jordan looked around to see if her phone was near but it wasn't. That's when she realized that Tyquez had her phone also. She thought he was on his when she woke up but really he was on her's.

The nurse came into the room to talk to Jordan about her condition. She basically said everything was fine and that she had a concussion. She had a few cuts from the glass and that was about it.

Jordan was surprised that nothing else happened to her being that the side that got hit was the passenger side.

"We're going to keep on you in over night but if everything is good on the morning, you can be discharged", she said.