Chapter 17

THURSDAY
5:00pm

"Before you go I just wanna apologize about yesterday", Tyquez said.

"You didn't do anything. What happened was because of me and husband's issues", Jordan replied as she put her jacket on. "But what you suggested is definitely going to happen now"

"What?", Tyquez asked.

"I think that Hakeem and I are going to separate. I feel like it's over now", Jordan explained.

"What did he say when you got home?", Tyquez asked.

"He wasn't home. Never came home until this morning and he didn't even stay. He just came to get his things", Jordan said. "So...you tell me how that sounds"

"...how you feeling?", Tyquez asked.

"Don't ask me how I'm feeling especially since this is what you wanted anyway", Jordan said.

"Whats up with the attitude towards me?", Tyquez asked.

"Because I'm pissed off. Not at you but at my life right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this", Jordan said.

Tyquez got quiet.

"Hakeem and I have so many memories and we had so many goals we wanted to achieve but...it's not going to happen", Jordan said.

"Maybe y'all still have a chance to be together. I mean if that's what you want you can—"

"I don't want it anymore", Jordan said as she cut him off. "I— I want something different. I love Hakeem but I can't do this anymore. It will never be the same between us, ever"

Tyquez cleared his throat.

"Our relationship would always be broken", Jordan said.

"Relationship aren't picture perfect. For example, my mama and dad made it seem like everything was always good with them. Like they never had a problem...but they did. They had multiple things that could've ended their marriage but they stayed together", Tyquez said.

"So you're trying to talk me into fixing my marriage? The same guy who wants me?", Jordan asked.

"Hey, if he's what you want. He's what you want. You guys are married and even though I said what I said and I did mean it, it's your choice at the end of the day", Tyquez said. "I ain't bitter and I'm not going to put my feelings first. Especially in a situation like this"

"So many things have happened between me and Hakeem...things that I will never be able to unsee, undo, or unfeel", Jordan said. "I'm sure he feels the same way"

Tyquez didn't reply. He didn't really know what to say.

Jordan looked at Tyquez.

"Thank you for trying to be helpful though", Jordan said.

"No problem", Tyquez said under his breath as he let out a sigh.

"I'm going to see here Hakeem's head is at this weekend. I'll give him some time to cool down first", Jordan said.

"That's sounds like the best idea", Tyquez replied.

"Ill see you tomorrow", said Jordan.

Tyquez grabbed her purse for her and handed it to her.

"See you tomorrow. Have a good night", Tyquez said

"Same to you", Jordan replied before she left

Tyquez went back into his office.

6:00 p.m.

When Jordan got home, Hakeem was not back home.

She went ahead and good a shower and put on some comfortable clothes. After that, she started cooking dinner for herself.

As she was cooking, she heard the door open. She turned the stove eye down and walked into the living room. It was Hakeem.

"Hey", Jordan said nervous as she put one hand before her neck.

"Hey...we need to talk", Hakeem said.

"Yea...we do" Jordan said as she sat down with him on the couch.

Hakeem sighed.

"Jordan...I love you alright and I wanna continue this marriage. I really do but...I don't know if we can", Hakeem said.

A tear fell from one of Jordan's eyes.

"I was— I was thinking the same", Jordan said.

"So you want a divorce?", Hakeem asked.

"I don't want one but I feel like it needs to happen", Jordan said.

Hakeem looks down.

"I wish things didn't happen the way it did but they did", Jordan said. "I mean like, I don't know. Down the line we could try this again...but right now I think that we need to focus on ourselves. I hate to admit this because everybody was saying it before we got married but...we got married to young. We didn't give ourselves time to figure out our what we wanted to do to in life. We didn't give each time to establish who we are or what we really wanted in life. We just rushed into this"

Hakeem nods.

"You're right", Hakeem replied.

"...I still love you, Hakeem", Jordan said.

"I love you too", Hakeem replied.

Jordan looked down.

Jordan knew she loved Hakeem but the love she had for him was starting to feel less than romantic and more friendship day by day.

Hakeem hugged her.

"Stop looking so sad, Jay", Hakeem said.

Jordan didn't say nothing, she just laid her head on his shoulder.

"We both gonna be good alright?", Hakeem said. "We both agreed so I guess it's what's best for us"

"Yea. Yea I know", Jordan said.

Hakeem continued to hug her for a while and then she offered him some food and they ate.

TO BE CONTINUED....