CHAPTER 4

Saturday
7:25 p.m.

Jordan is currently cooking dinner as Hakeem sat at the table.

Hakeem had this look on his face as he stared at the table.

"Are you okay?", Jordan asked as she looked at him.

Hakeem was kind of startled because Jordan's voice interrupted the silence. "...yea, I'm fine", Hakeem replied as he looked at her and took a drink from his Hennessy.

Jordan looked back at the food she was cooking on stove and rolled her eyes.

It was like he never wanted to share his feelings anymore. She knew something was wrong with him because she knew him like the back of his hand. He had something on his mind.

Hakeem watched Jordan for a moment as she began to take out some plates.

"I apologize for what I said yesterday", he said breaking the silence.

Jordan didn't look at him.

"Just because you crave your fix doesn't mean you always have to insult me and make me feel bad", Jordan said as she fixed their plates.

"That's why I'm apologizing", Hakeem said. "You're not ugly. You're not fat. I've gotta fat. You haven't"

Jordan shrugs her shoulders.

"Ok well I accept your apology", she said.

"Why do you have to do that when I'm tryna apologize?", Hakeem asked.

"I don't have an attitude, baby", Jordan replied as she walked to the table with the plates and sat them down. "Eat up. It's your favorite"

She really did have an attitude because she was tired of this repeated situation. He goes without drinking for a day or two and gets upset because he started craving alcohol and doesn't have it. He says things that aren't called for and apologizes after he gets his alcohol back. It's a cycle.

MONDAY
8:00 a.m.

Jordan had gotten to work 10 minutes early today.

Tyquez just came into work and walked up to Jordan's desk.

"Good morning", he said.

"Good morning", Jordan replied as she typed on the computer. Did you get the email I sent you?", she asked as she finally looked at him.

"Can I see you in my office for a moment?", he asked.

"You have an emergency meeting in like 30 minutes", Jordan said.

"This conversation won't take long at all", tyquez replied.

Jordan turned off her computer screen and followed him into his office.

Tyquez shut the door behind him.

"What happened Friday night?", he asked. "Did I do something?"

"Look I know I just ran out. You didn't do anything. I did...It's just starting to feel wrong and I don't know. I think it needs to come to an end", Jordan said.

Tyquez put his things down.

"If that's what you want", he replied with disappointment in his voice.

Jordan looked down.

"You said that I have a meeting at 8:45?", Tyquez asked, changing the subject.

"Yes. I emailed you all of the details", Jordan replied as she looked up Tyquez.

"Okay I'll read it", Tyquez said. "Thank you"

Jordan nods with fake smile and walks out.

Tyquez opens the blinds to his office and sits at his desk.

Jordan sits down at her desk that's outside of his office and sighs.

She was going to miss that.

MONDAY
3:30 p.m.

"And you are..? Who?", Jordan asked Will as he stood in front of her desk.

"Mr. Johnson's brother, Will", Will replied.

"Well he's in a meeting. He's almost done or should be done by now. You can wait and sit in that seat over there if you want", Jordan said as she pointed to a bench that sat against the wall.

Will started to walk to the bench but he heard Tyquez's voice.

"What are you doing here?", Tyquez asked as he walked to his office door and went in.

Will followed him in room.

"Damn. Why the hostility?", Will asked. "I just stopped by to see my brother and to borrow 20 dollars"

"No", Tyquez replied. "I'm tired of always giving you money man"

"Borrow. Not give. I'm going to give it back", Will said.

"Nah", Tyquez replied.

"You've been helping a brother out these last three months, what's chan— "

Will stopped talking and made a face. He looked over at Jordan through the glass and then back at Tyquez.

"She called in quits, didn't she? She ain't giving you no more so now you uptight. Damn pussy got some power if she got your mood changing", Will said.

"Chill out man", Tyquez said as he picked up a piece of paper.

"Well if it ain't that then you actually liked that girl and you're depressed she dumped you.

"What did you do?", Will asked.

"Why do I have to do something? I didn't do nothing. She just...it's complicated", Tyquez replied as he let out a huff.

Tyquez started walking behind his desk.

"It's not he's any good for her anyway", Tyquez mumbled.

"Huh?", Will asked.

Tyquez looked at Will.

"I stand you need to get out my office. I'll come by your house tonight. I'll give you your 20 then", Tyquez said.

"Alright", Will replied. "Sucka"

Will walked out of the office and left the building.

MONDAY
5:00 PM

"Okay so for tomorrow your schedule actually looks free...at least for now. So if you wanted to you could just relax at home or catch up on the work from Thursday I believe", Jordan said.

"Okay", Tyquez replied.

"Is there anything else you need from me?", Jordan asked.

"No. That will me all", Tyquez replied.

Jordan nods. "Okay...well I'll see you tomorrow", Jordan replied.

"Okay", Tyquez replied.

Jordan stood there for a moment. She was contemplating on whether not she just wanted to say forget everything she said earlier and start kissing or just go. He looked so fine today. She loves when he wears red. He looked so good in it.

Jordan started to walk to the door or the office.

"Have a good night, Mrs. Williams", Tyquez said.

Jordan waited until she got to the door to respond.

"Goodnight Mr. Johnson", Jordan replied before she walked out of his office.

Tyquez shook his head and threw his pen, but not aggressively. He was upset about him and Jordan ending what they had going on. Not just because of the sex but because he actually liked her. He didn't wanna catch feelings and didn't except to catch feelings because he knew her situation, but things happen right?