CHAPTER 36

SATURDAY
2:00pm

"So where is this new guy you're dating?" Jordan mom asked as she fixed Jordan's hair up.

"Probably with Kenneth", Jordan said as she moved her mom's hands.

"Go get him. I wanna meet him", her mom said.

"So you can run him away? No thanks", Jordan replied. "Where's Mahogany?"

"You know here. Talking to her favorite auntie", her mom said as she rolled her eyes.

"Mom, you and auntie still beefing?", Jordan asked with a giggle.

"Let's just saw I'm just here for her son and her son only", her mom said.

"Wow", Jordan said as she shook her head.

"Go get the boy though. I just wanna say hey. I won't ask him a whole lot of questions. I promise", Jordan's mom said.

"Okay. Fine. I'll find him", Jordan said before she walked away.

———

(WITH TYQUEZ)

"My dawg done turned in his playa card", Tyquez said.

Kenneth is checking himself out in the mirror.

"I know right", Kenneth said. "But it's worth it because I found the one"

"I'm proud of you", Tyquez said.

"Thank you", Kenneth replied.

"I'm going to go use the bathroom and then check up on Jordan. She should be here by now", Tyquez said.

"She probably running her mouth with one of her raggedy cousins", Kenneth said.

"I thought that her mom and your mom was the only kids from your grandparents", Tyquez said.

"Yea", Kenneth said.

"So you're talking about one of your sisters man?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. They raggedy", Kenneth said.

Tyquez chuckled. "Wow", Tyquez said. "I'll be back though"

Tyquez walked out of the room and looked both ways down the hall, trying to remember where the bathroom was.

As he started walking, he heard someone call his name. He knew the voice and it was Sabrina.

"Tyquez?", Sabrina called.

Tyquez turned to look at her. Her head was sticking out of the door.

"Yea? What's up?", Tyquez asked.

"Have you seen Chasity?", she asked.

"No", Tyquez replied.

"Well can you come in here real quick to help me with something?", she asked.

"Um...okay", Tyquez replied as he walked into her room.

She was walking in the dress and it was unzipped in the back.

Tyquez looked away.

"Can you zip my dress?", she asked.

"How about I go get one of the ladies to do it", Tyquez said before he walked back to the door.