CHAPTER 21

WEDNESDAY
6:30PM

Jordan is currently in her room getting ready for dinner. The dinner today is actually just something that Tyquez was invited to. The actual meeting is tomorrow. So she just supposed that they wanted to get to know Tyquez first.

Jordan began putting on some black open toed heels. She had on a blue fitted dress that stopped right about her knees. It was sleeveless so she made sure to bring a black jacket.

She walked out of her room after grabbing her jacket and clutch and knocked on Tyquez's door.

Tyquez opened the door dressed the same way he would for work but more flash with the jewelry.

"You look nice", Jordan said.

"And you look beautiful", Tyquez replied.

"You ready?", Jordan asked.

"I am but I do wanna add one more thing to your outfit. Come in", Tyquez said as he walked away from the door.

Jordan held the door open as she walked in and it shut behind her.

Tyquez took out a Diamond bracelet.

"Oh my gosh. That is gorgeous", Jordan said.

"I thought you would wanna wear it tonight", Tyquez said.

"No. I can't borrow that. I don't wanna mess it up", Jordan said.

"Borrow? I brought this for you", Tyquez said. "You can keep it. It's yours"

"Mr. Johnson. I can not take that", Jordan said.

"Ms. Robinson, you must", Tyquez said as he picked up her hand.

Jordan held her hand out for him to put the bracelet on her.

"This is just me showing my appreciation", Tyquez said as he put the bracelet on. "For all the hard work you to. You are part of my success, ya know"

"You know a raise would've been just as good", Jordan said jokingly.

"Yea but I saw that and I saw you so I got it", Tyquez said.

"What? Buying jewelry for your other women?", Jordan asked she looked at the bracelet.

"So you're one of my women?", Tyquez asked.

"You know what I meant. Other women that you're messing with", Jordan said.

"As of right now, you're the only woman I'm fooling around with", Tyquez said.

"You mean "was" right?", Jordan asked.

"Same thing", Tyquez said as he grabbed his jacket. "Come on sexy"

Jordan giggled to herself.

"Ty, chill", Jordan said with a smile as she walked out of the hotel room.

"What? I can't compliment my friend?", Tyquez asked.

"Whatever", Jordan said with a smile.

"So...yesterday you and Hakeem and your lawyers met about the whole divorce situation. How was it?", Tyquez asked.

"It was fine. I mean...it just felt funny but it was fine. He was seemed okay about it. I mean like I cheated on him so, I know he doesn't feel the same way about me or see me the same so it's something that he probably really wants", Jordan explained. "Especially my parents. They literally paid his and my lawyer just so they made sure it was no excuses on why we didn't get a divorce"

"So your parents got money, money?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea", Jordan replied.

Tyquez hit the button for the elevator.

"No offense, but you don't seem like the type to come from money", Tyquez said.

"I didn't know you had to act a certain way just because I have parents with money", Jordan said.

"I mean like...you humble. You ain't stuck up. Usually girls that was raised in that type of class look for guys with money because they used to getting the finer things. You did the complete opposite. No offense once again", Tyquez said.

"None taken", Jordan said.

The elevator door opened and they walked in.

"I guess I just wanted to prove to my parents and myself that money doesn't make you happy. I mean like it's true. Money alone doesnt make you happy, but at the same time money takes a toll on many relationships. You can love the person you're with but if the finances ain't there it can fuck up a relationship because of stress", Jordan said.

"That's true", Tyquez said.

"And then you get the people with money and sometimes they treat you like shit because of their ego", Jordan said.

"Not all of us", Tyquez said.

"You're probably right...but I watched my dad do my mom wrong multiple times. She stayed because she was financially secured", Jordan said.

"That's your mom and that's your dad. That ain't me and that you. Not saying that we together...but...I'm just saying. If we were. Same way you meet me is what you get 24/7", Tyquez said.

"I love your personality. I like what I know about you so far...but I don't know how you are in a relationship. I mean of course I can take that chance to find out...but I'm not. Not right now at the least", Jordan said.

Tyquez nods.

"...if we were to date it would be because we let time tell or went with the flow of things. If we belong together, we'll be together. If we don't, won't", Jordan said.

"Yea. And if you want allow it, we won't most definitely. I feel like the only thing that will be stopping the possibility is you to tell you the truth. Not Faith", Tyquez said.

Jordan didn't say anything.

The elevator door open and Tyquez took Jordan's hand.

"Come on", he said as they started walking.

TO BE CONTINUED...