CHAPTER 43

SUNDAY
5:00pm

"You sure you don't need me to stay?", Jordan asked as she stood in the doorway.

"Yea. I'll be fine", Tyquez replied. "I could use the night to myself anyway"

Jordan looks down. She gave off a sad vibe "Well Goodnight". Jordan looked back up at Tyquez and smiled.

"Jordan, I hope you know I'm not upset with you or anything", Tyquez said. "I just need some alone time tonight"

"Yea. I know", Jordan replied. "I get it"

"So why you look so sad?", Tyquez asked.

"I just don't like seeing you like this. I get you wanna be alone but I don't think you should", Jordan said.

Tyquez stood there for a moment.

"Come back in", he said.

Jordan walked into the house and Tyquez shut the door.

"Sit down", Tyquez said.

Jordan sat down and Tyquez sat next to her.

"...I know you're probably thinking about the situation with Hakeem and how he became addicted to alcohol but that isnt me", Tyquez said. "Although I have dealt with death, loosing a parent is different...but I'm going to get through it. I'm not saying this make you feel better. I'm saying it as a promise. Like you said...be strong. I'm not only going to be strong for my dad and mom but you too"

Jordan looked to the side. She didn't respond.

"Was I wrong? Is that not hat you were worried about?", Tyquez asked.

"A little", Jordan replied as she looked at him.

"When I have a lot on my mind, you already know what I do", Tyquez said.

"Gym", Jordan said.

"Exactly", Tyquez replied with a smile. "I have a business to run. I'm stressed every day. I just know how to cope with it. And I'll find out how to cope with my dad's death in a healthy way"

"So why do I have to leave?", Jordan asked.

"...I don't want you to be around me right now. I just need time to myself. I don't understand why you can't understand that", Tyquez said. "It's nothing against you. This is just how I deal with grief alright? I just wanna be to myself for the night. I'll still call you and text you to check on you but physically I wanna be alone for the night"

"So you aren't going to work?", Jordan asked.

"Not tomorrow but I will on Tuesday", Tyquez said.

"...okay. Just call me if you need me okay?", Jordan said.

"Alright", Tyquez replied.

Jordan gave him a kiss and looked him in his eyes.

"I love you", Jordan said.

"I love you too", Tyquez replied.

Jordan left.

Tyquez sat back. It was complete silence. He began thinking about his dad which made him cry a little bit, until he thought about good and funny memories with made him smile and laugh.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

Tyquez got up and opened the door. He thought it was Jordan but it wasn't. It was Will.