CHAPTER 19

SATURDAY
1:45 PM

Jordan and Tyquez are walking out of the theatre.

"I still feel like the last movie was better and scarier", Jordan said.

"I don't know. I might have to go talk to my mama after this so she can pray over me", Tyquez said.

Jordan started laughing.

Tyquez looked a Jordan with a smile on his face.

Jordan looked at him.

"What?", Jordan asked.

"Nothing. I just had a good time and you look very pretty", Tyquez said.

"Thank you and I had a good time too", Jordan said. "I enjoyed myself. Thank you for the movie and the popcorn"

"You're welcome", Tyquez said.

They stop at the passenger side of his car.

"Maybe we can hang out again", Tyquez said.

"Yes and next time, you let me pay for my own things", Jordan said with a smile.

"Alright", Tyquez replied.

Jordan opened the passenger door.

"You beat me to it", Tyquez said.

Jordan looked at him.

"Remember this isn't a date", Jordan said.

Tyquez got a little closer to her and grabbed her hands.

"I know, but a nigga can't help but imagine right?", Tyquez asked.

Jordan giggled.

"Like I said before, I know we had sex and all of that but we never went out on dates because I never wanted to catch feelings. I'm not divorced yet. So if you don't wanna hang out as just friends then we can stop", Jordan reminded him.

"Yea I know. We are hanging out as just friends...I guess what I'm trying to hint at is in a possible future do I even have a chance to actually be with you? I'm not talking about as soon as you sign the divorce papers because I know that's too soon...but you know. When you're ready", Tyquez said.

"Ty...I don't know alright. I think you're a good guy but... I just don't understand why you wanna be with someone who cheated on their husband", Jordan said.

"But I understand why you did that and besides like you said you don't normally do stuff like that", Tyquez said.

"...still I don't know if there can be an us. I mean what do I look like ending up with the guy I cheated on my husband with?", Jordan asked.

"You'll look like someone who is following her heart. Someone who is making herself happy. I mean like if you even actually wanna be with me", Tyquez said.

"How about I say this...you have a chance. But thing is I don't know if I wanna take it", Jordan said let her hands loose from his.

Tyquez nods.

Jordan touched the back of his head and played with his hair and smiled at him.

"But to change the subject, you look really good today", she said.

Tyquez chuckled.

"I look good everyday", Tyquez said.

Jordan chuckled and stopped touching him.

"Okay big ego", Jordan said before she got into the car.

"You better be lucky we ain't drive my truck— damn. My bad. I ain't mean to say that", Tyquez said.