CHAPTER 3

SATURDAY
4:30 p.m.

MAHOGANY's HOUSE

"Okay so we got our pedicures done, we ate and now we're here so continue this story about my new future brother in law", Mahogany said.

"I am not going to marry this man. Let alone be serious with him. He's my boss and I'm married and it ain't no telling if he's dating someone too", Jordan said as she on the other end of the couch.

"You right. I'm overdoing stuff. Just proceed", Mahogany said.

"Anyways", Jordan said before she continued the story.

FLASHBACK
3 MONTHS AGO- BUSINESS TRIP

Once Jordan and Tyquez got to the restaurant, they immediately heard someone on stage singing karaoke.

"Oh god, I would hate to be them right now", Jordan said.

"That's the fun of it. Literally nobody that goes up there can sing half the time", Tyquez said.

The host walks up to them.

"Dining in?", she asked.

"Yea. 2", Tyquez said.

The host grabbed the menus and led them to their table. Once she put the menus down, Tyquez and Jordan said at the table.

"Order whatever you want. Your meal is on me", Tyquez said.

"Mr.Johnson I can't let you do that. I'll pay for myself", Jordan said.

"You're off the clock so you can call me Tyquez", Tyquez said as he picked up the menu, "and I invited you so I'll pay"

"Guess I won't argue about that", Jordan said with a smile as she looked around at everybody. "Full house huh?"

"Yea it's pretty crowd", Tyquez said. "You like nachos?"

"Yea. I love them", Jordan replied as she made eye contact with him.

"You don't wanna look at the menu?", he asked.

"Nah. I'm just going to get a burger. He has one over there and it looks really good", Jordan replied as she motioned her head toward where she saw the burger.

Tyquez sat back and continued to look at her.

Jordan smiled at him and looked away.

"Do I have something on my face?", Jordan asked as she continued to look away.

"No. You just seem...nervous. Making me regret doing this. I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable", he said.

"No. I'm fine", Jordan replied as she looked at him. "It's just that...Well it just feels funny eating out with another man. I mean I know this is just a friendly outing"

"Yea, Yea. I get it. I mean like we can go if you want", Tyquez said.

"No. We can stay. We're already here and the food smell delicious", Jordan replied. "It's not like he's giving me a reason not to anyway", she mumbled under her breath.