CHAPTER 5

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT SO I KNOW THAT YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR

MONDAY
5:40 PM

Jordan came home and Hakeem was passed out on the couch.

Jordan walked to him and observed him. She didn't know if he was breathing or not.

Jordan bent down to his level and touched his wrist to feel his pulse and it was beating.

Suddenly, he started coughing and opened his eyes because he felt Jordan.

Hakeem smiled.

"Hey baby", he said as he touched her cheek.

"Hey", Jordan said as she smiled.

She could tell he was drunk.

"You're so pretty", he said before he leaned forward to kiss her. "I love you"

"...I love you too baby", Jordan replied with a true smile.

It's been a while since she heard that come from him. Not a long time, but a little minute.

"Goodnight", Hakeem said as he stopped touching her.

"Goodnight", Jordan replied.

Hakeem went back to sleep.

Jordan stood up and watched him a little longer and then went to the room and into the bathroom.

Jordan stopped the sink up and let the water run to fill up the sink. She put her hand under the water to feel the temperature as she looked in the mirror at herself. She felt the right temperature against her hand she looked down at it to shake it off but saw red stuff over her hand and inside of the sink.

Jordan gasped as she turned the water off and quickly went to the towels to wipe it off. That's when she saw a baby towel that was never there before.

That's when she started hearing voices of a distant memory, replaying in her head.

"We can't afford a fucking baby right now Jordan! Do it!", Hakeem's voice said.

Jordan was crying. "Keem, how are you telling me this right now? We can not abort our baby", she said.

"We don't have a choice. Look at the bank accounts and look at the bills...we can't do it", Hakeem said.

"Fine. Fine!", Jordan said.

Jordan looked at her hands and the red stuff wouldn't come off as she wiped it with a towel and that's when she began to cry.

END OF DAYDREAM

Jordan looked down at the sink and it was overflowing with water while she was in a daze.

Jordan quickly turned the water off and started cleaning up the water.

Four months ago, Jordan got pregnant and had an abort because Hakeem basically made her do it. She's been battling with the feeling of killing her own child that was wanted so much ever since.

Jordan got done cleaning up the water and looked in the mirror once more.

She thought that they'd be happy at the point in life but neither Jordan nor Hakeem were.

Jordan let the water drain down the sink. She was going to wash up but changed her mind.

Jordan packed a book bag with a few things in it. Like a toothbrush, rag, soap, clothes to sleep in, etc.

After that she went back downstairs.

"Keem?", Jordan called.

"Huh?", he asked with his eyes still closed.