CHAPTER 57

"So...you're pregnant?", Tyquez asked. "And when were you going to tell me that?"

"Tonight...I was going to surprise you", Jordan replied. "I found out yesterday"

Tyquez didn't say anything.

"And about who was driving, I was trying to tell you that before they walked in", Jordan replied.

"Yea. I know", replied Tyquez. "We'll handle him when the cops get here...right now I just wanna talk about you being pregnant and how I'm going to be a dad" Tyquez began smiling.

Jordan smiled a little.

"Jordan... I'll be honest with you. When we thought you were pregnant the first time I was scared to death. My dad passed and if I got questions I can't even ask him", said Tyquez as he got a little emotional thinking about him being a soon to be dad and about his dad not being there anymore. Once he started to straighten himself up, he began speaking again because he didn't like Jordan seeing him like that.

"You'll be a great dad Ty. If you have questions, you have your mom, my dad...I guess you can ask my mom too but sometimes she does the most", Jordan said trying to brighten up the mood but she was serious at the same time.

Tyquez chuckled a little. "Yea but I'm nervous. I'm ready this time but I'm nervous", he replied.

"If you're nervous, just imagine what I'm going through right now. I mean like yea I'm ready to a baby but at the same time I don't know how good of a mother I'll be. Only time will tell...one thing I can say is that I'm glad that they'll have you as a father", she replied.

"Thank you", he replied as he looked down. "And as far as us...I mean like I still meant what I said"

"Yea, of course. I know this baby isn't going to change anything between us and I know I still have to prove to you that I am fully ready to move on. Even though I feel like him trying to kill me is a hell of a good reason", said Jordan.

"True", he replied.

"But I'm not going to use that. Instead...I wanna ask you for your help. One reason why I never took any money from you was because I wasn't used to that and also because I was scared to get too comfortable with you after your dad passed", she replied. "I'm not trying to compare you to Hakeem but you gotta understand why I was so cautious"

"But yet you wanted a baby by me?", he asked.

"Yea. I did", she replied. "And honestly if things didn't work out I knew I'd at least have my child. I wouldn't need anyone else. Even if you were going to go in depression, I'd try to help you. Do things different from when I was with my ex"

Tyquez nods. "...I guess I understand but I'm not depressed. I'm not going to be either. My mom taught me how to deal with death a long time ago. I just get upset sometimes because I miss him. He was a big help in my life and I just wished that I could've helped to keep him around longer"

"Come here", replied Jordan.

Tyquez walked to her.

Jordan grabbed his hand. "He's always around. Remember that", she said. "He will always be helping you. Know that"

"...this is...this is why I love you so much because you always know how to lift my spirits. Ever since the day I met you, you've been a real help to me", he replied. "I appreciate you"

"And I love you too and I appreciate you too", she replied.

"What do you need help with?", he asked.

"My business. I decided to own a restaurant that also caters events. My parents helped me with half of the portion I need. You don't have to give me the other half but I'm grateful for whatever you can donate", she said.

"That's a big favor, Jordan. I mean last time, when I suggested me helping you with the whole thing, you said that it was too much", he replied.

"Well when you asked that, I didn't fully move on from my last relationship. These past months I have. Especially when I knew he got out. I didn't even feel the want to go back to him", she replied. "All I could do was think about your safety and now I have to think about mine and the babies"

"Nah. He's not going to hurt my child. I'll be damned. He isn't going to hurt you again", he replied. "His ass is going to jail again and I'll get them to lock his ass up for a long ass time"

Jordan nods.

"....so...do you still wanna take a break or be together?", asked Jordan.

"...together but, but you gotta start letting me do stuff for you and get you things. I got all this money and need to spend it on something. I don't know what else to get myself", he replied.

"Okay. Fine", Jordan said with a smile.

"And I'll see what I can do about the money for you business. I'll let you know", he replied.

"Okay", Jordan replied.

Tyquez kissed her and Jordan kissed back.

———

3 MONTH LATER

The police locked Hakeem up but they're still waiting for this trial. The lawyer said that he could get life because of the new charges he has now and the one before that.

Tyquez is currently walking Jordan into a  building. She has a blind fold on.

"I feel like I'm going to fall", she said.

Tyquez stopped walking. "Are you dizzy? Do you need to sit down?", he asked. "I hope it's nothing wrong with the baby"

Jordan giggled. "No. Because I can't see anything with this blindfold on", she replied.

"Oh. Well take it off. We in here now", replied Tyquez.

Jordan took the blindfold off and saw a counter, tables, and chairs. It was the same restaurant that she was pictured in her head when she'd be up with Tyquez talking about how she wanted her restaurant when she found a building for it.

"How long have you been putting this together?", she asked as she walked to the counter.

"Since you told me that you were going to quit and start a catering business. I hired some people last month to do the interior and I told them how I wanted things to look and this is what they did", he replied.

"They did amazing", said Jordan as she walked to the kitchen.

Tyquez followed her. "This is the kitchen of course. The heart of the business. Where you make your famous and delicious dishes and I also have another area for another chef when it's around that time to have the baby. So I'd start lookin for a chef as well as a host and waitresses", he said.

Jordan looked at him. "Thank you"

"No problem. Just let me know when you're up and running. Everybody at office is dying to try the food", said Tyquez.

Jordan smiled as she walked to him and hugged him. "I love you so much"

"I love you too", he replied.

Jordan started tearing as she giggled a little. She pulled away and continued to look around at the restaurant. "I still can believe this. Oh my gosh", she said as she walked out of the kitchen.

Tyquez smiled as he watched her.

He felt useful to finally do something for her. Especially something that made her so happy. That's all he has been wanting to do.

Jordan walked to him. "You deserve something good when we get back to the house", she said in a flirtatious way as she touched his chest.

Tyquez put his hands on her waist. "Like what?", he asked.

"Oh you know", she replied with a smirk.

"Mmm. If you talking about what I'm thinking, then we can go to the restroom or something and get it on", he said.

Jordan started laughing.

"Nah I'm playing, we can wait til we get to my house", he said before he started kissing her.

Jordan began kissing back.

THE END.