CHAPTER 12

TUESDAY
3:00 p.m.

Tyquez walked out of his office.

"Mrs. Williams, can I speak with you for a second in my office?", he asked.

"Uh. Yea", Jordan replied as she stood up and walked into the his office. "What's up?"

Tyquez shut the door behind her.

"I have another business trip coming up and of course I need you to come", Tyquez said.

"I guess I'll be there to do my job", Jordan replied.

"Okay. So no dinner?", Tyquez asked.

"I do like to eat. Just make sure it's something casual like last time", Jordan said.

Tyquez nods.

"Anything else boss?", Jordan asked.

"No. That'll be all. I'll email you the time and days we'll be gone", Tyquez replied as he walked to his chair.

"Alrighty", Jordan replied as she walked out.

Tyquez sat down and called someone.

———

Jordan sat at her desk and had a incoming phone call on the office phone.

"Mr. Robinson's office", Jordan said.

"You call me yesterday?", Mahogany asked.

"Mahogany?", Jordan asked.

"Yea", she replied.

"Oh. Yea I called you", Jordan said.

"What's up?", Mahogany asked.

Jordan sighed. "I was thinking about something you said and you're probably right...I may have fell out of love with Hakeem", Jordan whispered. "I don't- I don't know what to do"

"Girl...I wish I could help you but that's a decision you gotta make on your own", Mahogany said.

"I know. I know", Jordan said as she massaged her temple with the hand that she wasn't holding the phone in. "I don't wanna hurt Hakeem"

"I know you don't. But you'll hurt him even worst if you keep messing with Mr. CEO behind his back and he finds out", Mahogany said.

"I know. I guess I'll just find the right time", Jordan said. "But I have to go. I'm working"

"Okay. Sorry. Bye", Mahogany said.

"Bye", Jordan said before she hung up.

Jordan began tapping her pen on her desk as she thought about everything that was happening.

———

10:00 p.m.

Hakeem is currently kissing Jordan's body as they laid in bed.

Jordan had her eyes closed. She was enjoying but at the same time was feeling guilty.

"Jay", Hakeem said after he stop kissing.

Jordan opened her eyes.

"You ain't in the mood or something?", Hakeem asked.

"Yea, why?", Jordan asked.

"Well you don't seem like you are", Hakeem said.

"I am. You were actually relieving a lot of stress just now", Jordan said.

"What are you stressed about?", Hakeem asked.

Jordan sat up.

"...I have something to tell you", Jordan said.

Hakeem sat up too.

There was silence between the two as Hakeem waited for Jordan to talk.

"What!?", he shouted.

Jordan jumped.

Hakeem let out a deep breath.

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little agitated. I haven't consumed any alcohol and my body kinda wants it right now", Hakeem said.

"It's okay", Jordan replied. "I get it"

"Now. What did you wanna say?", Hakeem asked before he kissed her hand.

"...I've been stressed out with the late hours. My brain is like fired. I feel like I should get paid more sometimes", Jordan said.

Jordan was going to confess about her cheating but after the whole alcohol comment. She got nervous.

"Let's just continue what we started okay", Jordan said before she gave him a peck on the lips. "I could use it"

"Mmm", Hakeem said as he laid her back and they began making out.

TO BE CONTINUED....