CHAPTER 53

After work, Jordan went to Mahogany's house as promised.

"I just don't know what to wear for this date tonight. Blue dress or pink dress? Or maybe the white one?", Mahogany asked.

"Pink", Jordan replied.

"Yea pink does compliment me." Mahogany smiled as she put the other too dresses in the closet. "What's going on with you though?"

"Too much stuff. Hakeem got out of jail and is trying to get me back, I wanna start a business, and I think I just told Tyquez that I wanna make a baby", Jordan replied.

"That's a mouth full." Mahogany walked out with two pairs of shoes. "Which ones?"

"Open toed", Jordan replied.

"That's what I was thinking. So Jordan let me ask you this, why are you in such a rush to have a baby?"

"I want a kid and I'm not getting any younger. I know it's probably soon for that conversation but... Whether Tyquez and I stay together or not, I think he's perfect for being a father for my kid", Jordan said.

"You do know a kid can possibly change the relationship between you guys right? I mean they require so much attention", said Mahogany.

"Yea...but I feel like if our relationship can end because of that then...we weren't meant to be like I thought we were", Jordan explained.

"And about Hakeem...when were you going to tell me about this?", Mahogany asked.

"Now...he came to my apartment. Things got heated between me and him and then Tyquez showed up and things got even more heated", Jordan let of a sigh. "It's too much going on"

"Yea. I would not wanna be you right now. No offense"

"Mhm. None taken", Jordan replied.

"So how do you feel about Hakeem? I mean like...do you want him back?" mahogany began walking to her jewelry.

"No. He's a complete stranger. Even when we together I was kinda slowly drifting away from him. I just felt like if I gave up on him...I'd be a bad wife. But the only person I was being bad to was myself", Jordan answered. "...do I still have come love for him? Yes. But it's because I know the real Hakeem and who he really is...sometimes I feel like that's why I can't move forward in my relationship with Tyquez. I feel like if I get in too deep with him, that something may happen and then somehow I get into this cycle...so I wanna at least have a child so I don't feel so lonely"

"So Tyquez is just some sperm donor?", mahogany asked.

"No. Tuquez is my boyfriend. Who I love and is actually thankful for. I'd marry this man right now if I could but I'm not really", Jordan said.

"...Jordan, stop thinking the worst and enjoy your life then. You'll never be ready unless you forget the past and stop comparing it to your future", Mahogany replied as she sat next to Jordan on her bed. "Girl I want the best for you. I always have and always will. In all honesty I think this guy is great for you and I know you know that too. At the end of the day even if you still have feelings for Hakeem, your relationship with him will never be the same. It will always be broken some way, some how. You cheated, he put his hands on you, he went to jail and probably won't ever have a job that makes enough money for you guys to be financially stable for a family...I'm not telling you who to love and what to do with your life but I just want you to make the right decision"

"I am making the right decision. I'm with Tyquez", Jordan replied.

"Yea but I also know how you felt about Hakeem. Those feelings were strong. He's your first everything. I don't want you to make a bad decision down the line that would cost you, your happiness", Mahogany added.

Jordan let out a sigh.

"Now, which necklace?", Mahogany asked with a smile.

Jordan giggled a little and pointed to the one she thought went with the dress better.

"That's what I was thinking", said Mahogany.

"Well you should go with your instinct", said Jordan.

Mahogany smiled.

TO BE CONTINUED...