CHAPTER 16

THURSDAY
5:00pm

"Damn, my head hurt", Hakeem said.

Daryl looked at him.

"Shit", Hakeem said as he massaged his head.

"Man, you really need to get yo shit together", Daryl said.

Hakeem looked at Daryl. With a confused look.

"You sitting here getting drunk and talking about how you wanna kill yourself but what happened, happened because of you", Daryl said.

Hakeem rolled his eyes.

"I get it man. You were grieving because of mama but you gotta man the fuck and keep it pushing. Mama don't want this shit", Daryl said referring to Hakeem being drunk all the time. "She don't wanna be looking down on us and seeing you fucked up 24/7 and treating your wife wrong and then get upset about her cheating.

Hakeem was leaning forward but then he sat back.

"I ain't think your drinking was that bad until I talked to Jordan this morning and until I saw the shit you was doing last night", Daryl said.

"You gonna still here and tell me to man up and move on like that wasn't our mother", Hakeem said.

"Hakeem, you think I don't miss her?! I think about her every since day! What you have going on is a mental health issue that you need to get resolved. You've been grieving for too long. It's too the point where you fucking up your personal life. You don't have a job, you don't have your own money, and you about to not have a wife anymore. You got lucky as fuck with Jordan. She did a lot for you. What woman you know gonna take care of a man and be the only one providing?", Daryl asked.

"She's a lair. I told her ass to be real with me, she didn't. She even continued to fuck with this nigga", Hakeem said. "Even after I was on my way to stop drinking"

"She wouldn't have to mess with another man in the first place if you would've worked on yourself like you were supposed to", Daryl said. "You my little brother and I had your back for your whole life but man there's a time when you need to hear what you need to hear and you need to hear this... get your shit together. Stop drinking when you upset about shit, stop being a bum, and do what you need to do for your woman"

"She don't love me", Hakeem said.

"You're right. She don't love you.  The drunk or hung over you. She don't love that shit. She wants the real, sober you back. And honestly, I do too", Daryl said.

Hakeem leaned over and massaged his temples.

"I wanna sleep", Hakeem said.

"Fine. Go ahead and sleep the alcohol off but when you fully sober again, you need to figure out what you wanna do and stick to it", Daryl said. "I'm done with this alcoholic shit. At first I was like okay, we just lost mama and I get but now...man it's been too long"

Hakeem laid on the couch and closed his eyes.

Daryl shook his head and walked upstairs to his room.

TO BE CONTINUED.....