CHAPTER 38

4:30pm

Tyquez is current sitting on a bench starring at the view of the lake. He was concerned about his friendship with Kenneth and even though he knew him longer, he actually was more concerned about losing Jordan.

As Tyquez began loosening his tie, he was approached by someone. He thought it was the same homeless person who approached him asking him about sparing any change.

Without looking Tyquez says, "man I already told you the first time and the second time that I don't have any money", he said.

"Well it's a good thing I gave him some then", Jordan said as she sat down next to him.

Tyquez looked at her.

"It was just a dollar though. So he can probably get a candy bar....maybe", Jordan said.

Tyquez looked back at the lake.

"...I didn't know you had a thing for taken women", Jordan said.

Tyquez sucked his teeth and leaned forward as he scratched his arm a little.

"I'm joking, I'm joking", Jordan said. "Come on, lighten the mood up a little"

"So do you believe me?", Tyquez asked.

"Of course I believe you", Jordan replied. "I wasn't talking when I came into the room because I was too busy observing"

Tyquez sat back.

"Well at least you're not mad at me", tyquez said.

"Kenneth isn't either", Jordan replied. "Me and him talked and he realized he took his anger out on the wrong person"

"What happened with him and Sabrina", Tyquez said.

"The question is what happened with Sabrina and my family. My aunt cussed her out, my sister almost fought her after Sabrina said something slick to her, and Kenneth broke up with her", Jordan said.

"Damn", Tyquez said.

"Yea...according to my aunt she seemed like a gold digger anyway", Jordan said. "My aunt is usually good at reading people"

Jordan looked out at the lake. It was currently two speed boats riding out there.

"You looked really nice by the way", Jordan said.

"You don't look to bad yourself", Tyquez said.

"Thank you", Jordan replied with a smile.

"... thank you for trusting me. I thought you didn't believe me", Tyquez said.

"Lucky for you, I do", Jordan said.

Tyquez was quiet.

"The reception is going on in a little bit if you still wanna go", Jordan said.

"Nah I'm good. Everybody is going to look at me like I'm crazy anyway", Tyquez said.

Jordan chuckled.