Chapter 48

9:00pm

As Jordan was sleep, Tyquez is still up.

He was just thinking about what Jordan did and how he was kinda mad about it. Not because he was going to be a father but because she didn't talk to him about it first.

Tyquez got out of the bed and walked to the dresser to pick the remote up for the TV. That's when he saw a pregnancy test box. It was never open. He picked it up and that's when he heard Jordan get out of bed.

He looked back at her.

"I have to use that bathroom", she said.

"Did you take this?", Tyquez asked.

"No. When I got home I kept throwing up so I didn't get a chance and then I forgot", Jordan said.

"So you don't even know if you're actually pregnant. You just assumed", Tyquez said.

"I mean I keep getting morning sickness. Now worst than ever and my period is late", Jordan said.

"Just take it so we can be sure", Tyquez said.

Jordan looked at the box and took it from him.

"Okay", she replied.

Jordan walked to the bathroom.

Tyquez grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

After the toilet flushed, Jordan washed her hands and walked out of the bathroom.

"I don't think I'm pregnant after all", Jordan said as she walked to the dresser and search for some pads.

"Why do you say that?", Tyquez asked.

"My period just came on", Jordan said. "I mean like I still took the test but I don't think I'm pregnant"

Tyquez didn't say anything.

"Go ahead, cheer", Jordan said jokingly but she was serious.

"You know what...Jordan I'll admit that I was pissed at you. Like to the point where you had me rethinking things but then as I sat back and thought...I understood why you did it. It wasn't the right way to do it, but I understand. But I was also thinking about how...excited I felt that I thought I was going to be a father", Tyquez said.

"Yea but I'm not pregnant and the results will tell you that in a few...so let's just go back to wearing condoms, if you still wanna be with me", Jordan said.

"Why do you have to be like that?", Tyquez asked. "I mean I was just being honest with you"

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself. I wasted most of my life on someone—

"Can you please stop bringing him up? I get what you have been through and where you'd thought you'd be in life right now but...you're with me now. I mean I was fine with you venting to me about him before but now...I don't wanna hear about him. It's over and done with", Tyquez said.

"I'm sorry. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe that you're the one I should've been with in the first place", Jordan said.

"Nah I think things are playing out the way it should. Everything happens for a reason", Tyquez said. "And I get that you want a family but like you said...marriage first. I don't want you to forget about your values and wishes"

Jordan looked down. "...do you even wanna marry me? Well think you'd marry me?", Jordan asked. "Especially after what I did"

"Jordan I'm not going to lie, that was a selfish move but that's not going to stop me from being with you", Tyquez said. "I actually want kids too. I don't really care if it's before or after marriage. So what you did wasnt all that bad. I honestly would've told you not to talk it if you didn't want to. I just wish you would've told me first"

"That didn't answer my question exactly", Jordan said.

"Yes. I would. As of right now, I do see myself asking you to marry me", Tyquez said.

Jordan began walking to the bathroom. "I'll be back" she said.

Tyquez turned the TV back on.

Jordan walked out the bathroom. "It's negative", Jordan said.

"The pregnancy test?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. It's negative. I guess I've been nauseous because of my period", Jordan said. "I never had that symptom before"

Tyquez didn't say anything.

Jordan laid in the bed and snuggled up against him.

"I'm sorry again. I wasn't thinking and I'm sorry. I love you and I don't want this to end. I did something stupid and I'll do anything to make up for that", Jordan said.

"You fine", Tyquez said before he kissed her forehead.

TO BE CONTINUED....