CHAPTER 30

TUESDAY
1:30 PM

"I'm stuffed", Sabrina said.

"Me too", Jordan said. "They give you so much food"

"That's the best thing about it", Tyquez said as he ate his wings.

"You always had a big appetite", Sabrina said. "You and Kenneth. I remember in college these two brought two big boxes of pizzas and wings and ate all of it in one night. I'm surprised they ain't fat"

Jordan kinda felt left out during the whole conversation at the table while they were eating because she didn't go to college with them. She didn't go to college at all.

"I remember that", Kenneth said.

Tyquez continued eating. He didn't talk much every time Sabrina said something to him. Jordan didn't know whether to be okay with that or suspicious. But she decided to be okay about it because he was probably doing it because of what Jordan said earlier.

"Quez? You alright? You ain't been talking much", Kenneth said. "I mean both of y'all came out the car fine and then when y'all came to the table, y'all didn't seem as happy"

"I'm fine. You good Jordan?", Tyquez asked.

"I'm fine too", Jordan replied.

"Oh okay", Kenneth said.

"Well he's been talking to you. Just not to me. I mean did I do something?", Sabrina asked.

"No", Tyquez replied. "I've been talking to you"

"Yea but you've been short with me. It's kinda rude", Sabrina said.

"Well sorry to make you feel that way Bri", Tyquez replied. "No harm. I guess I just didn't have much to say about what you said"

"Um I have to use the ladies room", Jordan said as she got up. "Excuse me"

Jordan walked away.

"You know what. I might as well use it too since we aren't going straight back to the hotel", Sabrina said.

"Okay, baby", Kenneth said.

Sabrina got up and walked away.

"What's really up?", Kenneth asked.

Tyquez looked at him and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know what you're talking about", Tyquez said.

"Man I know you", Kenneth said. "I know Jordan too"

"I'm good. She good too", Tyquez said.

"Alright. Im not going to bug you about it. Im sure if it was serious, you'd tell me", Kenneth said.

"...well...I mean like it ain't serious but you know...it's just old shit", Tyquez said. "She got a little upset about it because she thought it was present thing"

Kenneth nods.

"Trust me, I'm treating your cousin right", Tyquez said. "She's in good hands"

"I'm not worried about that because you told me you guys were serious and I believe you'll treat her good...it's just that when Sabrina comes around, you have a different demeanor or shall I say vibe", Kenneth explained. "Ever since we first started dating"

Tyquez wiped his hands with a napkin.

"I don't know what to tell you man. I guess I'm just not going to be how I am with the guys, around females", tyquez said.

"Alright. Yea you right", Kenneth replied.

Tyquez drank from his drink and finished eating.

Once the girls came back to the table and the guys was done eating. Tyquez paid for the meal and they began walking to outside of the restaurant.

The guys were walking behind the girls.

"Congratulations again on the wedding", Jordan said.

"Thank you so much. I'm so nervous about it", Sabrina said.

"I understand completely. When I got engaged I—"

"You and Tyquez are engaged?", Sabrina asked.

"No. I mean like to my ex husband", Jordan said.

"Oh okay", Sabrina replied.

"Yea but I was really young. 20 to be exact and I was completely terrified but at the same time I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him", Jordan said. "But of course, things happened and now I'm with Tyquez...it's crazy because he's so good to me and I can't enjoy it because I'm scared it could turn into an unhappy ending like with my last relationship"

"I understand that. Sometimes relationships are scary and mysterious because you never know what will happen in the future. But don't stress yourself out. Live in the moment and enjoy these moments", Sabrina said as they stopped. "If you don't, you'll loose something good"

Jordan nods.

The guys caught up with them.

"You know I'll just call you tonight because I still don't understand", Kenneth said.

"I'll be busy tonight so just call me tomorrow night", Tyquez said.

"Alright", Kenneth replied.

"But thanks for inviting us to lunch", Tyquez said.

"Thanks for paying. I already know I'm going to be broke after this wedding", Kenneth said.

Jordan and Sabrina chuckled.

"You know I should get your number", Sabrina said as she took out her phone.

"Yea. Okay", Jordan replied. "It's 718-634-2233"

Sabrina typed the number in and save it to her phone.

"Got it", Sabrina said.

"But we aren't going to hold y'all up. I have somethings planned for Bri while we're out", Kenneth said.

"Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow then", Tyquez said.

"Alright. Bye", Kenneth said.

"Bye", Tyquez and Jordan replied at the same time.

Kenneth and Sabrina walked away.

"I see you and Sabrina are taking a liking to each other", Tyquez said as they started walking to his car.

"She's cool. She seems genuine", Jordan said. "Besides...I don't really have friends so why not"

Tyquez nods. "True", he replied as he touched his bread.

"But what plans do you have tonight. You didn't tell me about any plans", Jordan said.

"Now you know what plans we have tonight", Tyquez said as he slapped her butt.

Jordan jumped and touched her butt as she looked around to see if anyone say.

"I'm having a full course meal tonight", Tyquez said before he kissed her.

"Mmm", Jordan said with a grin.

Tyquez opened the door for her.

Jordan got into the car and Tyquez shut the door and walked to the drivers' side and got in.

TO BE CONTINUED...