Chapter 44

WEDNESDAY
11:30am

Jordan and Adam are talking in the break room.

"You have a little something on your shirt", Jordan said.

"So what happened was my dog decides to run outside while I'm leaving for work. Mind you it rained outside. So as im trying to get him in the house, he a little bit of mud gets on me. I got most of it out and the rest is a little stubborn", Adam said.

"You should get those little tide sticks. I think their by tide. But anyways they help get stains out when you're on the go", Jordan said.

Adam smiles. "Yea. True. You know us guys don't think about that. Women are always prepared for anything or they always know the best solution", Adam said.

"Yea you men are just so...I don't know. Just a different breed", Jordan said jokingly.

Adam chuckled.

Jordan drank from her mug.

"Okay so funny and cute", Adam said.

Jordan almost spit out her drink but swallowed it instead. Tyquez was right.

"Thank you. But let me get back to work because I get fired or something", Jordan said.

"Yea. Mr. Johnson is a little strict but not that strict", Adam replied.

"I suppose", Jordan said as she started walking out of the break room. She was going to say bye but Adam came walking with her.

"But I was wondering if you had any free time on the weekends", Adam said.

"What makes you assume I'm single?", Jordan asked as she stopped.

Adam stopped and turned her. "I'm not going to lie. I asked around. Everybody who knew, said you were divorced", Adam said.

Jordan looked down because she was reminded of Hakeem and that whole situation with him.

"But if it's too soon than I totally understand", Adam said.

"Yea...it's too soon", Jordan replied. "But have a nice day"

Jordan walked away and too her desk.

Adam walked to his office.

Jordan's cell phone vibrates on the desk.

MESSAGE
💬Tyquez💕🥰: did he ask you out yet?

Jordan looked back at Tyquez as he sat in his office.

Tyquez put his hands out to the side, waiting for an answer.

Jordan turned her head back forward and put her phone down and got on her computer.

———

2:30pm

"You're actually free for the rest of the day after you sign the documents I emailed to you. Once you sign those either you or I can email them back the correct person", Jordan said.