Chapter 32

SATURDAY
1:00PM

Once Jordan got into the car, she saw Tyquez called her so she called him back.

"Hello?", Jordan said as she started up the car.

"Hey baby. Where you at?", Tyquez asked. He didn't seem mad. He was talking like normal.

"Okay so...I've been meeting to tell you this but I didn't know how you'd respond and I didn't even know I was going to until last minute but—"

"Jordan, just get to the point baby", Tyquez said.

"...I went to go visit Hakeem", Jordan replied.

She was nervous for his response. She didn't know how he'd feel about it.

Tyquez cleared his throat. "Can I ask you why?", Tyquez asked. He still spoke in his normal tone but she could tell he was a little pissed.

"He's been calling me since he got into jail and when I finally answered I told him to stop calling me but he said all he wanted to do was talk to me and tell something face to face", Jordan said.

"And what did he have to say?", Tyquez asked.

"He wanted to apologize to the both of us. He wanted to let me know that he's okay with being together. He's not in that deep—"

"I don't care about any blessing or whatever you wanna call it from him and you shouldn't either", Tyquez said.

"He didn't say we needed his blessing Tyquez. He just wanted me to know that he made peace with it", Jordan said.

"That could've been said over the phone. I'm just saying", Tyquez replied.

"Yea...but he didn't. Anyways, is everything okay?", Jordan asked.

"Yea. Why wouldn't it be?", Tyquez asked.

Jordan finally started driving.

"I mean like you called me earlier", Jordan replied.

"Oh oh, yea. I just wanted to let you know that I'm going out with the boys tonight", Tyquez replied.

"Boys?", Jordan asked.

"Yea. Me, my brother, Kenneth, and some of his friends", Tyquez replied.

"Hmm", Jordan said as she switched the call from her phone to her car. "The wedding is next Saturday and for you to go out with the boys the weekend before that must mean it'll be a bachelor party"

"Smart. You're smart", Tyquez replied with a chuckle.

"I mean like Hakeem had one too so I'm not new to this", Jordan said.

"You was okay with that?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. Long as he didn't have sex with anyone or kiss anyone and that goes for you too", Jordan replied. "Besides, I had a bachelorette party"

"I think Sabrina having one too", Tyquez replied.

"Yea, she invited me. I told her I'll let her know today but since you're going out, I might as well go out too", Jordan said.