CHAPTER 37

3:30 PM

"What y'all doing out here? The wedding is about to start", Kenneth said.

Jordan made a face as she looked at Tyquez.

"Wait, your friend didn't talk to you about Sabrina?", Mahogany asked.

"Yea. He spoke with me", Kenneth replied.

"Never mind", Mahogany said.

Kenneth made a face.

"Come on Mahogany", Jordan said as she walked her inside.

"What is there problem? Everybody get cold feet before a wedding right?", Kenneth asked.

"I have no idea", Tyquez replied.

"...something you not telling me Quez?", Kenneth asked.

Tyquez looked to the side for a moment then back at Kenneth.

"...Earlier when I went to the bathroom, Bri needed help with her dress, I told her I'd go get one of the ladies to do it but insisted I did it. So I did and I was about to walk out but then she started saying things and next thing I know she's kissing me", Tyquez said.

Kenneth was quiet for moment.

"Why you waiting til now to tell me? It's almost like you weren't", Kenneth said.

"...because if I told you, I knew you'd find something else out", Tyquez said. "But I might as well tell you right?"

"I guess you might as well", Kenneth said as he started getting mad.

"In college, Bri and I kinda did something a couple of times", Tyquez said.

"While me and her were dating?", Kenneth asked.

"..well once before y'all dated and again after y'all started dating but I didn't know y'all were dating until afterward", Tyquez said.

Kenneth punched him and they started fighting and bumping into things causing decorations to break.

They were making a lot of noise so that caused people to come to where they were.

That's when Jordan's dad and a few of Kenneth's friends pulled them apart.

"You sitting here fighting me when you should be checking that girl!", Tyquez said as someone was holding him back.

"Nah I'm fighting you because you should've told me that shit a long time ago and if she kissing you know that means she's still into you. I thought we was boys", Kenneth said as Jordan's dad was holding him back.

"We are", Tyquez said.

Kenneth started to get out of Jordan's dad's grip.

"Let me go Unc! I'm not going to hit him", Kenneth shouted.

Jordan's dad put his hands up.

The person who was holding Tyquez back let go of Tyquez.

Kenneth got closer to Tyquez.

"If we was boys you would've told me what happened straight up as soon as it happened. Now you got me wondering if you lying. Don't worry about me checking Bri. I'll do that shit when I'm ready. Right now I'm checking you", Kenneth said.

"Alright, yea you right. I should've told you back then and I was going to but she talked me into not telling you. Like I said before it happened before I knew you were talking to her. I thought she wouldn't try to play you anymore but I thought wrong and I'm sorry alright. I'm sorry", Tyquez said.

Kenneth looked down.

"The wedding is off", Kenneth said. "You all can come back for the reception since the food has already been paid for but there will be no wedding. Sorry for the inconvenience"

Kenneth's mom began to say something. "Ken—"

"I'm fine mom", Kenneth said. "Y'all can go"

Everybody slowly walked away.

Kenneth looked at Tyquez.

"I wanted to tell you about her kissing me after it happened and I've been trying to. It was just hard for me because it was awkward and I know how much you love that girl. I didn't wanna be the cause", Tyquez said.

"...I'm sorry for punching you in your face like that", Kenneth said. "...I guess I can understand where you coming from...but right now I don't wanna talk to you"

Kenneth walked away.

Tyquez let out a deep breath.

Not only was Kenneth mad at him but so was Jordan. At this point, he didn't know what to do. He was loosing his best friend and his girlfriend all at one time. He thought the best thing to do was to give them both a breather so he left.

TO BE CONTINUED...