CHAPTER 51

After the spa with Mahogany, her and Jordan began walking to their cars.

"I feel like even though we have grown as a couple and still are growing as a couple, but I just feel like the fact of how we started will always be something damaging in our relationship but I don't—" Jordan stopped talking to keep herself from crying. "I just don't feel like he trusts like he says he does and I wish it didn't have to be like that you know"

Jordan and Mahogany stopped walking as Mahogany hugged Jordan.

"It's okay Jay", Mahogany said.

Jordan sniffed.

"Look, how about you go home and chill to yourself tonight. You guys are up under each other every single day and every hour. I thought that I barely saw you when you were with Keem but damn it's even worst now", Mahogany said with a chuckle.

Jordan laughed a little as she pulled away and wiped her tears.

"He's so good to me and I don't wanna lose him. I lost a lot already", Jordan said.

"Continue to do what you do and you won't", Mahogany replied.

"Like what? Not take a plan b behind his back?", Jordan said jokingly.

"I mean like Jordan if you want a baby, just talk to him about it", mahogany said.

"...I kinda just wish I had the baby that God tried to bless me with in the first place", Jordan said. "I guess that was just my whole issue with taking the plan b. I got anxiety in the moment"

Mahogany nods. "I understand that"

"...but I'll talk to you later. Love you", Jordan said.

"Love you too", Mahogany replied.

Jordan and Mahogany hugged and then they walked their separate ways.

As Jordan walked to her car, she felt someone walk up on her so she turned around. She gasped when she saw Hakeem.

"Shh", he said.

Jordan looked at around. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in jail"

"They released me early for good behavior. Never thought I'd be the one to be a snitch but hey I was tired of that place", Hakeem said. "They put me on probation for a while"

"And how did you know I was here?", Jordan said.

"You weren't at the apartment so I went to his house and I saw you leaving so I followed you here", Hakeem said.

"...and what do you want so bad that you couldn't have just called me?", Jordan asked.

"...you", Hakeem replied. "Look I know we had a divorce, and I know you're with somebody else now but...I fucked up. I miss you so much and I regret everything", Hakeem said.

"Hakeem I can't —"

"I mean come on Jordan. You and him will never be on a level that we were on", Hakeem said.

"Hakeem I don't want you anymore alright", Jordan said

"Baby I'm better now, before I wasn't. Before I didn't give a fuck about my life...but after being in that cell and doing all that thinking...I know I messed up", Hakeem said.