CHAPTER 47

Jordan sat in courtroom as Tyquez and Hakeem's turn was up.

"Due to the fact that this is inappropriate to show in the courtroom at this moment, we don't wanna show it. But we have multiple recordings of the sexual encounter taking place, your honor", Hakeem's lawyer said.

Jordan started to fill a little sick to her stomach.

"And why wasn't this presented by your client before?", the judge asked.

"My client was in a dark place at the time of his hearing. He didn't care what happened to him so he didn't present all of the information", Hakeem's lawyer replied.

"What changed?", the judge asked.

"He's no longer depressed", Hakeem's lawyer responded.

"So what sentence are you asking for?", the judge asked.

"6 more months, which will equal a year if you add what he has already served, and 1 year of probation", Hakeem's lawyer said.

"I'll look at this new evidence while we take a recess", the judge said before she hit her gavel.

They got up and Tyquez walked up to Jordan.

"Hey I think I'm going to head back to my apartment", Jordan said.

"You okay?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. I'm fine. I think I just ate something bad last night", Jordan said.

"Jordan, you sure you don't have anything to tell me?", Tyquez asked.

"No?", Jordan replied with a confused look on her face.

"...okay", Tyquez replied. "Well I guess I'll get you soup after this and bring it to you"

"Thank you but I prefer homemade soup", Jordan said as she touched her stomach. She felt like she had to vomit. "I have to go to the rest room"

Tyquez stopped her.

"You took the plan b right? Because we both agreed we'd wait until marriage", Tyquez said.

Jordan rushed out of the courtroom before he finished. She didn't really listen to him because she was too busy trying not to throw up.

Tyquez shook his head.

2:30pm

Jordan is throwing up into a small trash can as Mahogany keeps her hair out of the way.

"Jordan, you need to tell that man your pregnant", Mahogany said.

Jordan laid back as she caught her breath. "I will. I'm just waiting for the right time", Jordan said.

"When will be the right time? Nine months later?", Mahogany asked.

Jordan sighed. "Look I know I'm wrong but...I was supposed to take a plan b but..I didn't", Jordan replied.

"What? Why not?", Mahogany asked.

"Because I want a baby alright. I keep wondering what it would've been like if I had my baby and I get sad every time I do. I mean like she was supposed to be born by now and learning how to crawl", Jordan said.

"What if he wasn't ready?", Mahogany asked.

"I mean like...I can take care of the baby myself. I just want one", Jordan replied.

Mahogany looked down. She understood what Jordan was feeling but at the same time she felt like she was wrong for what she did.

"I think you should've just took the plan B, Jordan. It's not telling how this man is going to react", Mahogany said.

"I will. I'll tell him today", Jordan replied.

"You better", Mahogany replied.

Tyquez walked into the room and they looked at him.

"The door was unlocked", Tyquez said.

Mahogany stood up and put the trash can in the bathroom and walked back out.

"Hey", Mahogany said. "How are you?"

"Good and you?", he replied.

"Eh. I'm doing fine", Mahogany replied. "I'm about to head out though. See y'all later"

"Bye", Tyquez replied.

Mahogany left.

Tyquez walked to the bed and sat on the down next to Jordan.

"How was court?", Jordan asked.

"Fine. His sentence was lessened but let's not worry about that right now. What about you? How are you feeling?", Tyquez replied.

"Good", Jordan replied.

"Anything you wanna tell me?", Tyquez asked.

Jordan didn't say anything. She just didn't look at him.

Listen...I know that you're pregnant. I heard you and Mahogany talking but you really should've talked to me before you did that", Tyquez said.

Jordan still didn't speak.

"It's not like I don't want a baby but I wasn't ready for one right now", Tyquez said.

"...I'm sorry. You're right I'm wrong. I just really, really wanted a baby", Jordan said. "I'm not trying to trap you or take your money, I just—"

"I know you're not that type of person", Tyquez said.

"At the moment I wasn't thinking straight. I just saw the opportunity then I went with it. If you aren't ready, it's fine. I'll take care the baby until you are", Jordan said.

"No. If you're going to have this baby then I'm going to get myself ready for it", Tyquez said.

"Yea but Ty, if you're not ready, you're not ready", Jordan said.

"Jordan please. Stop", Tyquez said. "That's not me. I'm not doing that. Besides it takes two to make a baby and I was the one who put it in you"

"But I'm the one who didn't take the plan B like we agreed on", Jordan said.

"Baby, just relax. We're going to be good. I'm good, you good. We fine", Tyquez said.

Jordan started playing with her fingers.

Tyquez kissed her forehead.  "I brought stuff to cook your soup with so I'm going to get that done"

"Thank you", Jordan said.

Tyquez got out of the bed and walked out of the room.

Jordan sighed.

TO BE CONTINUED...