CHAPTER 10

SUNDAY
12:30PM

Mahogany walked into Jordan's house.

"Hey sis", Mahogany said.

"Hey", Jordan said as she closed the door.

Hakeem walked into the living room.

"Hey Mahogany", Hakeem said.

"Hey. Heard you're laying off the alcohol", Mahogany said.

"Mahogany", Jordan said with a frown.

"It's alright. Mahogany gonna be mahogany", Hakeem said. "But yea I am. Proud of me?", he asked jokingly.

"I'm proud as long as my sister is happy", Mahogany replied.

Mahogany and Hakeem didn't have the best relationship after Hakeem formed his addiction. Before that, they were cool.

"Besides, it'll be nice to have the old Keem around", Mahogany said.

"Yea, that's what I'm tryna do", Hakeem replied. "But you ladies have fun. Im going out with some friends"

"Who? Jeremiah and Luke?", Jordan asked.

"Yea", Hakeem replied as he grabbed the keys. "So I'm taking the car"

"Alright", Jordan replied.

Hakeem left.

"So, how is he doing with the whole not drinking thing?", Mahogany asked.

"Good. I noticed he drinks a small amount every other day but honestly it shows that he's trying. I guess he can't just stop cold Turkey", Jordan said.

Mahogany nods.

"And how are you and Mr. CEO?", Mahogany asked.

"I mean we're the same", Jordan replied.

"You still messing around with him?", Mahogany asked.

"Not since Tuesday", Jordan replied.

"So like four days ago?", Mahogany asked.

"Yea, basically", Jordan replied. "Honestly I don't even know if I can stop messing with the man. I mean...I want to but— but he's just so ...mmm mmm mmm", Jordan said.

"Dang girl, well pass him to me. I need someone I gotta fien over too", Mahogany said. "Or does he have a brother at least"

"He actually has a brother but I don't think you'd want him. He's always asking for money", Jordan replied.

"Damn", Mahogany replied.

"But seriously though, Hakeem knows", Jordan said.

"About you and CEO?", Mahogany asked.

"Yes. I mean I've been telling him that it's nothing going on and so has Tyquez but...I don't know if Keem is buying it", Jordan said.

"Well you better stop messing with him. You know Keem never played about you", Mahogany said.

"I know...I think I am going to stop messing with Tyquez though", Jordan said.

"You think?", Mahogany asked.

"...yea I mean like I'm going to try. I just don't know if I can let that go", Jordan said.

"I get it. Hakeem is the only guy you've dated. He was you first and only of everything. So this thing you have going on with Tyquez is thrilling because it's something new. Now I didn't like drunk Hakeem and how you were being treated and how you were the only one working but if he's trying to get back on his feet and be the Hakeem we all remember and if you don't wanna loose that...I mean like you know what to do", Mahogany said.

"What if I said the reason I can't let go out tyquez wasn't for the thrill?", Jordan asked.

"Then what? You actually have feelings for this man?", Mahogany asked.

Jordan slowly nods.

"Wow Jay", Mahogany replied.

"I didn't try to but I guess things happen right?", Jordan asked. "I mean I not saying I love the guy, I just...I just really like him and I hate that because I love Hakeem and I'm not supposed to be falling for any other guy but him"

Mahogany didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say.

"I don't know what to do", Jordan replied.

"Well do you really believe you actually still love Hakeem?", Mahogany asked.

"Of course I do", Jordan replied.

"So why is that you have eyes for another man?", Mahogany asked.

Jordan made a face.

"Look. I'm not trying to tell you how you should feel but I believe that if you truly love somebody like I know how you are with Hakeem, you don't have eyes for anyone else. If you get what I mean", Mahogany said.

Jordan looked down.

"....I just want you do be happy alright. I don't know this Tyquez guy but I know you and I want the best for you. I don't want you to regret anything and end an marriage with the person you love but I also don't want you stay in a marriage with somebody you think you love but really you just feel bad for leaving them", Mahogany said. "Not only has Hakeem been in a dark space but so have you and I don't want your vulnerability to get you confused"

Jordan sighed.

"You know what I love you Mahogany. You always give the beet advice", Jordan said as she hugged her.

"That's what big sisters are for", Mahogany said as she hugged Jordan back.

"Now I just have to figure out what I'm really feelings...and what I need to leave behind", Jordan said.

TO BE CONTINUED.....