CHAPTER 2

FRIDAY
7:30 PM

Jordan pulled up to the house and got out of the car. She made sure her shirt didn't look messy and wrinkled as she walked to the door.

As she looked for the house key on the keychain, Hakeem opened the door.

Jordan jumped a little because she didn't expect anyone to open the door.

"Where you been? I was just about to call you", Hakeem said as he looked down as her. He was expecting her to at least have his drinks.

"I was working late", Jordan said as she walked into the house.

"You been working late more than usual", Hakeem said.

Jordan took her jacket off.

"The company is going through a lot of changes. They just got a new CEO and he's trying to get things back in check. Which is why I've been having more work to finish before I leave than usual", Jordan said as she started to unbutton her shirt.

"I thought I asked you to do something when you got off of work", Hakeem said with a slight frown.

Jordan forgot all about getting his drinks.

"You know what Keem", she said as she tired to sound as nice as possible. "You need to slow down on your drinking"

"Jordan I don't tell you that you need to slow down on eating", he said as he looked at her stomach then at her face. "I don't tell you to wear more makeup"

Jordan folded her arms across her chest. She rolled her eyes as he talked

"I mean if you wanna talk about flaws then I'll start talking about yours", Hakeem said.

"Hakeem I'm just trying to help you. Your mom wouldn't —"

"Do not tell me what my mom would want! You don't tell me how to grieve!", he shouted.

Jordan started to looked a tad bit sad as she let him talk.

"And I told you to stop bringing her up anyway", Hakeem said as he grabbed the keys from her hand. "Just give me the fucking keys. I'll get the shit myself before they close"

"Keem I am trying to help you. I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm your wife, your best friend, I—"

Hakeem opened the door and walked out.

Jordan sighed as she shook her head and walked to the room.

Once she got into the room, she began taking her shirt off. She also pulled out the shirt that she had on at work. It smelled like men's cologne, the same cologne that Hakeem used to wear all the time which is what made Jordan leave the office when Tyquez started kissing her.

She felt bad for cheating. She didn't want to cheat but a part of her was fed up. It was just the way that Tyquez made her feel. A feeling she hasn't been getting in 2 years.

FLASHBACK

3 MONTHS AGO